Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 3 BMW's I moved to an XF in 2010 because they offered so much value for money at the time. I now have an XFR-S Sportbrake and have an I-Pace on order due for delivery in March/April timeframe (using the amazing Fleetprices lease deal that was available in September). It will be a basic S in white with no options at all but I am still really looking forward to getting it. It is a bit like going from the sublime to the ridiculous although there will be almost nothing in it in performance terms and I suspect the I-Pace will be significantly faster from 0 - 40mph, especially in poor conditions. I might miss the V8 noise a bit, though, and as the lease is only 18 months, do I keep the XFR-S? They only made 100 Sportbrakes apparently so it has some potential rarity value.
Anyway, I'm enjoying reading about people's experiences so far, although I am yet to see an S version in the flesh (and in white).

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Vorix said:
Car arrived today!I-Pace delivery.jpg

Haven't had much time to play but very pleased so far
Brilliant solution to increase your range :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Congrats. Also liking white! Look forward to seeing a few more pics

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
'Proper' car now sold, so will have to learn to be reliant on the I-Pace. So far I've not had to do many long journeys, so all good. They took the 'range extender' away too :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've now had the car for exactly 1 year and done just over 6000 miles. I've just extended the lease by 6 months to 2 years and upped the mileage to 15000 for the whole period. Generally the car has been very good. I'd like another 30 miles of range, especially in winter but it's not a major issue. Have done a few longish overnight trips and had a couple of charging challenges but all worked out in the end (this was not the car's fault). Little has gone wrong. I've had the blank screens a couple of times but a stop and restart fixes it. The driver's wiper blade needed adjusted to stop it hitting the A pillar. I've lost the little flap thing in front of the driver's side rear wheel.
I've had 2 dealer based updates and a couple of SOTA updates. I've had to arrange the dealer updates myself as the lease company have not passed any information on at all. Both have been painless.
Almost everyone that has been in the car thinks it is great - a friend drove it last weekend and he loved it compared to his diesel X5.
I have another year to figure out what next. I have a deposit down on a Polestar 2 but there is radio silence on when people can even see the car in the flesh. Tempted to go for a test drive in a Taycan even though I can't afford even the cheap one!
The Tesla Model Y could be an option but no idea when that will be available either. Perhaps it will be another I-Pace?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts