Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm been lurking on this forum for lots of month, but decided to register now I've collected my IPace - a fully-loaded HSE in Firenze Red.

I have a question for those on the forum who have had access to their cars for a while: Does your (driver) Memory Seat react to the key that opens the car?

My wife and I are quite different sizes and so have quite different seat settings. We've stored them in the memory, but unlike other cars we've had with memory seats, there does not seem to be any memory of the position last used with a particular key. Hence, if I use the IPace after my wife, I have to press my memory button in the door before being able to get in the car.
On other cars, if I unlock the car (with my key) the seat automatically moves to my driving position, and similarly if my wife unlocks the car with her key the seat moves to her position.

I know this is very much a "first world problem", but it seems strange for a convenience feature like this to be so inconvenient, especially as the car is supposed to remember so many other driver-specific settings.

What are other drivers' experiences? Am I doing something wrong?

David

·
Registered
141 Posts
I believe there are profiles you can store all your settings in the infotainment system - I would guess these associate with your key (they are also supposed to intelligently adapt air con settings, radio stations etc to you style over time) Also you can pair key & a smartphone somehow together as an ID - not sure - i don't own mine yet, but I read a lot and I'm pretty sure that's how it roughly works.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
RedIPace said:
Hi All,

I have a question for those on the forum who have had access to their cars for a while: Does your (driver) Memory Seat react to the key that opens the car?

David
Yes but as called out you need to set-up profiles - if you and your wife each have your own key there is much more that will be controlled and can be set. Not only the seats can be pre-configured - also which phone is paired over bluetooth - various settings are profile specific like how the driver screen is configured - the car will learn radio/calling preferences - driving style and range estimate as well.

Do need to warn you that it takes some fiddling and sometimes repeating as not all works as smoothly as hoped - also finding stuff can be tricky sometimes

·
Registered
528 Posts
so you each setup a profile and the car as you want; presumably both profiles are available to switch between (so even if I drive with the wrong key I can still select my own profile).
But how do you associate a key with a particulations profile ? ie: Is there a way to associate a default profile to each key ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts