Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a 2nd test drive yesterday and was enough to press the button on a pre-configured HSE. Ideally wanted First Edition but the stock vehicle with factory options was pretty close.
I had always been convinced my next car was going to be Tesla, and both manufacturers had their respective merits, and I'm not 100% clear myself what swung me to the Jaguar, but probably the final fit and finish played a big part.
So, now got to get home charging sorted, figure out what public charging networks I need to sign up to, and make sure I'm on the best tariff to take advantage of daily overnight charging. I'm going to be quite high mileage (25,000 per year) so need to maximise everything- any advice on any of these would be welcomed.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Had to change my signature already as I've now amended my order to FE in Corris + 22" wheels.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Have you changed car again yet ?
After a quick look comparing Scottish power v Ecotricity for myself recently , SP did come out on top
but Ecotricity do offer half price charging at their sites , which may sway things with your annual mileage
They do both offer EV friendly tariffs it appears too
Good luck

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
malcolm said:
After a quick look comparing Scottish power v Ecotricity for myself recently , SP did come out on top
but Ecotricity do offer half price charging at their sites , which may sway things with your annual mileage
Good luck
I think Ecotricity has to offer half prices as from what I read on this forum half their chargers do not work :(

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
malcolm said:
Good luck
No still same car! It would appear that the car I thought I was buying last Saturday had already been sold, but no matter because I found the FE, which was what I had been looking for anyway, and should take delivery before end of this month.
Thanks for the supplier advice.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Collection day today!
There's been quite a lot to get sorted in the 25 days since I ordered it but I think everything is ready at home and I'm looking forward to my first drive (although I will need to charge on my way home so my first charge is going to involve finding a working public charger and working out how to do the whole process)

·
Registered
485 Posts
Not jealous at all that you've managed to order and get yours in a fraction of the time I've been waiting (that is more to do with lease dates than Jaguar delays though) Hope the journey home works well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts