Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this over in the US forums, but figured it might be helpful for some users over here as well. The cost of the links are $179, and they will ship internationally.

For those of us with air suspension, you may be aware of the 3D printed lowering links that dcdrive has created and distributed on the US forums. I purchased a pair and and started to install them, but ultimately decided that I wanted a little less drop (these are 1.25" front, 1.5" rear), and a link that more closely resembled the factory part. I had heard that Ghost Motosport out of LA had made a custom pair of adjustable links for a member, but contacted them and they weren't making them any more. However, they referred me to John of Edgy Mods. I contacted John, and he sent me a set of adjustable links to test. I'm happy to report that they work great, and I was able to dial in the drop that I was looking for (1"). I'm also a fan of the fact that these are made out of rubber and metal, and more closely mimic the factory links.

The install is pretty straightforward, and has been detailed in the previously linked thread so I'm not going to rehash it here. In short, the fronts are easy; just jack up the car a bit. Always use jack stands to be on the safe side. I highly recommend using some sudsy water or WD40 on the links when trying to work them off. I also found a small flat-head screwdriver to be useful. Start by removing the end that is not attached to the sensor unit with the pivoting arm. For the rears, the wheels have to come off, and they are a little less accessible, but still not bad. When installing these, the "long side" should be the one at the top.

As numerous people have attested, ride quality is better after lowering. Particularly for bumps that include a lot of strut compression; e.g. pulling into a raised driveway or the like. You also get less residual side to side swaying under certian settings. The lower center of gravity will no doubt help with handling a bit, and aerodynamics ever so slightly.

Stock height is on the left:
Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Hood

Here are dcdrive's 3D printed plastic links, alongside one of the factory links:
Rectangle Font Auto part Aluminium Metal

Here are the Edgy Mods links:
Eye Product Medical equipment Tool Font

Edgy installed on the front:
Automotive tire Gas Bell Automotive wheel system Metal

I've been desperate to lower the car over the 2 years that we've owned it, and always lamented the fact that we didn't have an aftermarket option that was adjustable. Super stoked to have the 1" drop. Even though it's "subtle," the car looks way better. And this way there's a bit more front end clearance than the 3D printed, which is good for the wife. You also have the benefit of taking the suspension less away from factory spec.

Happy to answer any questions. If you head to his site and order the Range Rover links and specify in the notes that it's for the I-PACE, you can grab a pair.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For those interested in the math behind adjusting these links, I inferred the amount of drop you get per each mm of link adjustment based on dcdrive's math (size of his links versus stock, calculated based on his 1.25" front and 1.5" rear drop). Below is the table that I used to arrive at my desired drop and link length. Probably not an exact science, but seemed fairly spot on from my experience. Note that for the fronts you lengthen them to lower, for the rears you shorten. And the 'desired length' isn't the length of the whole link, but the length from the connecting points (holes).
Rectangle Font Parallel Number Pattern

·
Registered
288 Posts
Thanks for posting. This was the one mod I would have considered over the past 3 years as I always felt there was too much gap in the wheelarch, but it has come a bit late for me as my I-Pace will be going off lease soon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts