Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The old app has now been deactivated by Jaguar forcing you to use the new app.
This seems problematic. Today it’s telling me I have zero range. I get no efficiency details on any journeys. The ability to delete old journeys seems to have been removed.
To be frank it seems far less user friendly and far less reliable than previous version.
Anyone else had similar problems and are there are fixes?

·
Registered
304 Posts
You may need to reset the connectivity. I had journeys with efficiency details missing and doing this seemed to help.

Power up the car, press and hold the overhead assistance button (left button with the orange spanner light) and it will blink, but continue to press until it starts to blink faster. Release the button and wait for it to stop blinking.

You can delete individual journey details by swiping right on that journey from the list. A red trash can (bin) icon will appear for you to delete that journey.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I found mypace caused my charging to stick in pause mode. Happened a few times it would not charge and I got up next day to see no charge added.

MyPace also used a lot of the phone battery due to how it has to keep running in the background. It uses pause commands to the car to do a pseudo charging timer. Then unpauses at the set time. It sort of worked but on occasion it would leave the car in pause mode.

In the end the only thing the official app couldn’t do was timed charging. So I ended up just using the timer on the pod point smart app. It leaves the car at “initialising” until the chosen time. Be aware that smart chargers vary the start time by up to 5 minutes to avoid everyone’s EV charger coming on at the exact same time. Keeps the grid from overloading due to a spike in demand at 1am for example.

No issues with charging since and the official app provides locking unlocking, climate control, efficiency, journey info and all other features adequately well.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Today it’s telling me I have zero range.
Old remote app used to do this too if the car is sleeping. Resets when you next manually start the car.
My chief gripe about the car. If it's not used daily, the remote app (old and new) is largely useless because every time you want to remotely charge/precondition/etc. it just informs you it's asleep and uncontactable.
WattCat has a wake-up timer scheduler but sod's law dictates that its window will just have expired when you notice the notification (unless you are permanently attached to your phone like modern youth - I don't qualify on either count)

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
My chief gripe about the car. If it's not used daily, the remote app (old and new) is largely useless because every time you want to remotely charge/precondition/etc. it just informs you it's asleep and uncontactable.
If you know when you next plan to use the car you can set the wake-up timer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts