Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I was all set on a Tesla or sticking with petrol for a bit (Jag XF) but by the time I turned up at the jag dealer to try the XF I was sure EV was the way to go. I loved the test drive in the i-pace but the price was eye watering and the wait for new too long. The salesman suggested we could buy the ex demo and I've now had it a week 2021 5020 miles.

All seems OK though the range of 240 miles was less than I had expected.

The only thing that is really bugging me is that the bonnet release buttons - in the car and on the key fobs. I've only manage to get them to work once or twice so I've resorted to opening the bonnet with the manual pull in the footwell (not ideal). Also the bonnet needs to be slammed with all the power I can muster to get the latches to engage. It will have to go in for an adjustment I guess. Anyone else had a similar issue?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi.

I was all set on a Tesla or sticking with petrol for a bit (Jag XF) but by the time I turned up at the jag dealer to try the XF I was sure EV was the way to go. I loved the test drive in the i-pace but the price was eye watering and the wait for new too long. The salesman suggested we could buy the ex demo and I've now had it a week 2021 5020 miles.

The only thing that is really bugging me is that the bonnet release buttons - in the car and on the key fobs. I've only manage to get them to work once or twice so I've resorted to opening the bonnet with the manual pull in the footwell (not ideal). Also the bonnet needs to be slammed with all the power I can muster to get the latches to engage. It will have to go in for an adjustment I guess. Anyone else had a similar issue?
Yes the frunk needs an almighty shove to close first time, I’ve only used it twice in a year so I’m just accepting it wasn’t designed for daily use. Probably a combination of poor hinge mechanisms and a very light weight panel shell. Is it aluminium?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It feels light so I think it could be. TBH I could put up with slamming it shut. More of an issue is not being able to open it with the key or from the cabin. I was keeping the charging cable in the frunk but it's so inaccessible I've put the cable under the rear luggage compartment floor for now as I don't want to keep scrabbling around with the manual bonnet release.

·
Registered
10 Posts
There should be no need to resort to the emergency release. However, if my memory serves me correctly the frunk will not unlock from the key fob or the button until the car itself is unlocked. It sounds like there is a problem for the dealer to sort out if the button in the car does not operate when you are sitting in it.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I didn’t realise there was an emergency release mine has always released with the button inside, closing the frunk just lower the lid, then push firmly above each catch, it never closes just by dropping it.

Reactions: Tangellow5

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi.

Hiya - I had the same issue and whilst sorting a charging problem out, the Jaguar Customer Care technician adjusted the two catches - so far so good.

·
Registered
Ipace HSE 2020 MY
56 Posts
I hate the way the bonnet shuts it's like a bag of bolts clattering down. I understand it's because its so light but surely they could have created some form of perceived quality with the catches.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Same problem have to make sure each side on crease area is firmly down or won't lock or charge if used a cable as store mine in there, bonnet doesn't open on mine until at standstill and turned off

1 - 10 of 10 Posts