Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

So I have a new car and find myself searching the forums already!

My i-Pace arrived on monday with 279miles range showing. Absolutely loving the drive of the car, but several gripes.. maybe here is the best place not sure. But anyhow my first experience.

So for fault of my own, I ran the battery down, a long trip to West Wales sorted that out. At the services the Rapid charging cable got stuck in the car at 3am in pouring rain, you would have thought there would be straight foward instructions on this.. the app showed the cable was still connected... (for two days after) ecotricity app showed dissconnected. No lights on the port . not sure how I managed to get it off although I saw later that there is a manual release cable somewhere for use in an emergency.

I tried to charge the car at home with the 3 pin charger, it kept tripping out. So today I drove with 20 miles remaining, made it to an appointment then headed striaght to Cardiff Gate to charge up. 9 miles left now.. it charge station was occupied. so I headed down M4 to Asda Coryton.. the charging stations all had cones on them. So I set off again, 3 miles showing on dash now and car has turned air con and screen off. I head down M4 to cardiff west services, a 4 mile trip. At 60mph , 1 mile short of services I hit 0% battery, I'm bricking it now.. I get up the slip road ramp and think I've made it, just have to get round the roundabout and in to the services. Then the worst! The car Flashs a message in Red, "shutting down, pull over where safe." 5mph max speed, I limp the car down the ramp into services and trickle 400m up to the ecotricity charger.. phew! I made it. 90 min later the car had only charged 15 miles of range, super slow. I will put my gripes in another post.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Nightmare indeed. Thankfully you are safe.
Have you managed to charge the car properly now?
Also haven't you got a wall charger at home?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The wall charger is being installed next week, 7kw. In the meantime, I've bought an extension cable without a heat sensitive trip on it and I'm using an RCD plug. Car is charging nicely but slowly now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.