Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

With a bid of luck I receive my Ipace next week so have to find an insurance company for it. Does anybody have good recommendations. For now I checked independer.nl and it looks like Centraal beheer is a good option. The monthly fee is nice and they return the value of the car for the coming 3 years (normally it's 1).

For the rest does anybody know if we have Klasse 4 or 5 installed as factory default.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Flip said:
For the rest does anybody know if we have Klasse 4 or 5 installed as factory default.
I received a quote from 'jaguar insurance'. On that form they say it is a category 4. Probably you can also find it in the brochure.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
funkwhiz said:
Tip: try to insure the 4% "bijtelling" in case of loss.
Well that is a VERY valid question and something that actually has me really worried. What happens if the car gets financially totaled - with the price of the car that might not happen so soon but Althon will give you a new I-pace (no problem) but the Tax agency will now say "Please pay an extra 300 euro per month in tax".

Is it even possible to ensure that?

·
Registered
26 Posts
See insurance conditions from JLR insurance

Uw auto
Merk + model : Jaguar I-pace
Kenteken :
Cataloguswaarde : € 104.916,00 exclusief BTW
Brandstof : Elektrisch
Alarm : Categorie 4
Jaarkilometrage : Onbeperkt

Uw verzekering
Betreft : Zakelijk
Dekking : WA met uitgebreid Casco (Allrisk)
Premie per maand : € 111,57
Schadeverzekering inzittenden : € 4,24
Rechtsbijstand : Nee
Pechhulp : Nee
Fiscale Bijtelling Beschermer : € 6,23
Totaal per maand : € 122,04 incl. assurantiebelasting
Bonus/malus : Schaal 13 (70,00% korting)
Aanschafwaarde garantie : tot 15-12-2021

Attachments

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Denlas said:
Thanks for sharing - just asked our finance department to check with Athlon if that coverage is or isn't included.
Paying €6 to protect €300 net income tax per month doesn't sound that expensive.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Denlas said:
But you have to pay it private!
Have to be deducted from your net salary!
Otherwise our friends from the tax authorities wants to have a part of the compensation….
Why would I have to pay it privately? If my finance manager agrees to have it included in the lease than it doesn't effect my BIK amount.
No different than allowed number of private KM, replacement car with repair/checks, reimburse expenses (oil, carwash, toll, etc).

In NL the only 3 elements valid for BIK amount are fiscal new value of car, BIK % and if you use the car privately or not.

·
Registered
26 Posts
It's a Dutch matter...
I am only talking about the premium for the "bijtellingsbeschermer"

It is advisable to deduct these costs monthly from your net salary. Only if you include this premium on the net salary, the payments from the insurance will be tax-free and therefore net for the employee.
Jaguar has confirmed me, this is the best way if you want to be secured by a total loss of the car and you will receive new one after 2018.
Last 5 year had same kind of insurance. The same principle.

Jelle, I don't know exactly how this works in your case with Operational lease....
We buy the company cars in private lease, so we ensure our cars ourselves.

This is the knowledge I have.
Hope it wil help....

·
Registered
6 Posts
The best insurance is from the Jaguar dealer, for EUR 93,- a month you get (with 75% BM discount):

Only in dutch (sorry):

- WA + Allrisk
- bijtellingsbeschermer (wel van je netto loon afhalen)
- geen eigen risico indien je het bij de dealer laat maken
- aanschafwaarde garantie

The security class is 4 by the way.

And this is cheap compared to a Tesla model S.

·
Registered
210 Posts
ipacedriver said:
The best insurance is from the Jaguar dealer, for EUR 93,- a month you get (with 75% BM discount):

Only in dutch (sorry):

- WA + Allrisk
- bijtellingsbeschermer (wel van je netto loon afhalen)
- geen eigen risico indien je het bij de dealer laat maken
- aanschafwaarde garantie

The security class is 4 by the way.

And this is cheap compared to a Tesla model S.
With a few "damage free years" I presume

·
Registered
21 Posts
Jelle v/d Meer said:
Denlas said:
Thanks for sharing - just asked our finance department to check with Athlon if that coverage is or isn't included.
Paying €6 to protect €300 net income tax per month doesn't sound that expensive.
@Jelle v/d Meer please let us know if Athlon included the "fiscale bijtelling beschermer" coverage.
I'm also waiting for a car from Athlon..
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
NLJAS said:
Jelle v/d Meer said:
Denlas said:
@Jelle v/d Meer please let us know if Athlon included the "fiscale bijtelling beschermer" coverage.
I'm also waiting for a car from Athlon..
Thanks in advance!
Sadly for me the answer was NO but it could be different per lease contract.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Kicking up an old topic. But was wondering.

Both ZLM and Jaguar Insurance require a SCM class 4 alarm with tracking and anti-jamming. The Jaguar site states that all Jaguars have class 3.
http://www.jaguar-dealers.nl/nl/jaguar/jaguar-the-adventure/nl/accessoires/accessoires/alarmsystemen-voertuigvolgsystemen/

I cant find any specific information on the i-Pace alarm except that the brochure mentions:
Anti-diefstalalarm met beveiliging van carrosserie en interieur, zelfinschakelende startonderbreker, hellingshoekdetectie en noodstroombatterij

Which sounds as class 3. Anyone that has confirmation of the i-Pace alarm class ?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Jan073 said:

Both ZLM and Jaguar Insurance require a SCM class 4 alarm with tracking and anti-jamming. The Jaguar site states that all Jaguars have class 3.
http://www.jaguar-dealers.nl/nl/jaguar/jaguar-the-adventure/nl/accessoires/accessoires/alarmsystemen-voertuigvolgsystemen/

I cant find any specific information on the i-Pace alarm except that the brochure mentions:
Anti-diefstalalarm met beveiliging van carrosserie en interieur, zelfinschakelende startonderbreker, hellingshoekdetectie en noodstroombatterij

Which sounds as class 3. Anyone that has confirmation of the i-Pace alarm class ?
do the vehicles not come delivered with their SCM certification ?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Jan073 said:

I don't really know (and I'm in Belgium) but here, "AG Insurance" said the security equipment of I-Pace is OK for them, as long as I maintain the InControl Secure after the complimentary initial 3-years which are included with the car purchase (should be about or a bit less than 100 € / year starting with year 4). What I don't know: is this their standard conditions on I-Pace or is this a special condition I got due to the number of contracts with have with them. They didn't say, I didn't ask: was happy not to have to add anything to the car to get it properly insured.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts