Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Per the title. As Android Auto phone doesn't work I am using Pivi Pro. The problem is that the music in my phone doesn't seem to be searchable (connected by Bluetooth or usb). It's all stored in folders with internet-sourced tags. As you'll see in the picture, the bottom row of the player screen is blank. Any ideas how to get them to appear?
Vehicle Car Plant Automotive design Personal luxury car

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
So whilst I am not totally sure about this in the iPace most cars struggle to read audio files in a folder structure on Android phones. It works well on apple, phones as the phones are basically built on the old ipod interface. The file structure in Android is different though and often oddly organised (dependent upon the build).

It's typically difficult for a car interface to work out the locations of relevant files.

The easier solution may be to resolve your android Auto problem. I have found Android Auto to be pretty reliable on Pivi and as intuitive to connect as in any other car. The cables can be the weakest link as AA transfers a lot of data back and forth compared to apple carplay. I always connect either to the usb c port in the car or wireless but the cable is very very sensitive to movement (official Google cable to pixel 6, but also 5 and 3).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Beagle

AA was looking good but sadly the phone just won't connect over voice with/without cable and my files are not set up on any streaming service so even then it's unlikely I will be able to control them by voice either (that being the whole point of it...)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts