Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All of a sudden, this morning, I get no sound anymore out of the speakers, any of them, just as if I had no amplifier anymore. :eek:
So no radio, no phone calls, no GPS instructions, CarPlay is mute too obviously, quite quiet indeed. :roll:
I did try a quick stop & start a couple of times, changed nothing. I will see how it goes after a while later today. Might as well come back all of a sudden..
That's the first time I experience this. And I don't remember seeing anybody on these forums with a similar unexpected experience.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
@lvrmsc (myself): As expected, this bug self cleared later in the day, after a ~1h stop. Upon restart, sound came back up. :roll:

·
Registered
238 Posts
You know the more I drive this thing the more I realize that yes it's a car but it has a buggy PC for a brain. The other day my bluetooth dropped out (neither phone nor music would play) and I found myself holding my cell phone while driving. Next day no problem. So if you embrace the buggy PC emotionally you will not be disappointed .. and only puzzled at times ...

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had the same thing last week...after a new start it worked again....strange...seems an buggy PC, indeed...
Sometimes the navi-screen between the dials is suddenly gone, the picture with the I-Pace pops up. One start or a few hours later everything OK....don't hope the PC comes from a French manufacturer....

·
Registered
338 Posts
lvrmsc said:
All of a sudden, this morning, I get no sound anymore out of the speakers, any of them, just as if I had no amplifier anymore. :eek:
So no radio, no phone calls, no GPS instructions, CarPlay is mute too obviously, quite quiet indeed. :roll:
I did try a quick stop & start a couple of times, changed nothing. I will see how it goes after a while later today. Might as well come back all of a sudden..
That's the first time I experience this. And I don't remember seeing anybody on these forums with a similar unexpected experience.
Same here.. Today out of the blue no sound. Unfortunately also no sound for the park distance control.
Give the I-pace a good night rest and hopefully better tomorrow. Next wednesday software updates. Hopefully it fixes this too..
It is a buggy system...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Started mine up today and sound worked. Stopped to drop off the little un, started it back up no sound anywhere, no music, phone, CarPlay not even indicator sound!
Reverse warnings when parking at work weren't on and I 'over nestled' into the wall in the car park. No damage thankfully.

Hopefully after a day parked at work sound returns this evening. Hmmmm.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I've had this bug once. And the sound came back on my next run after the car had been off for a couple of hours.

·
Registered
126 Posts
During the course of the last week I have this problem about 50% of the time. It initially started in conjunction with a warning message about the acoustic warning system not being available, the two faults ALWAYS occurred together. The dealer fixed the acoustic problem with H270 patch but my lost sound is still a problem. It went back in today.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had that issue this morning....Parked the car last night it was fine, then on my drive to work this morning total silence. When I went back to the car later it was like there was perfect, the music was playing out of the speakers again...... I only hope that this is not a recurring issue

·
Registered
1 Posts
Old post so I am not sure if anyone is following. If you are, what work around have you found to fix the audio when it bugs out? It has been annoying since I bought mine 2 years ago. If I commute one direction I may be able to enjoy music and navigation, but I push my luck for round trip audio. Doesn't make sense and I haven't found a trick to turn it back on besides to stop driving and let the car sit half hour or so. Tips you may have discovered would be helpful.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts