Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie after some advice please ladies and gents …

I’m off on holiday for a couple of weeks soon and just wondering if there’s anything I should be aware when not using the car for a while? For example, what charge % should I aim to leave it at and should I be waking it regularly via inControl app whilst I’m away (if do, what dies that achieve)?

Two months in to owning my i-pace and she still makes me smile every day 🙂

·
Registered
191 Posts
Nothing to worry about or do. We have left our car parked up at Heathrow on 2 and 3 weeks hols many times and on returning the car has very little change in charge. You ca also use the in control app to ensure it is still parked where you left it While you are away.

Reactions: H3ATH

·
Registered
227 Posts
Only thing to do is set wake up timer for your return. You can then precondition cabin. If you are leaving at eg airport. Otherwise no need to do anything.

Reactions: H3ATH

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yours is a new car so nothing to worry about but there are a few stories of people returning to older cars to find the 12v battery is dead - presumably due to older battery not handling draw from tracker etc despite traction battery being charged. Internet lore has it that the big battery doesn't top up the small one unless the car is on / driven.
Does anyone know if that is right?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yours is a new car so nothing to worry about but there are a few stories of people returning to older cars to find the 12v battery is dead - presumably due to older battery not handling draw from tracker etc despite traction battery being charged. Internet lore has it that the big battery doesn't top up the small one unless the car is on / driven.
Does anyone know if that is right?
my two 12v batteries have been topped up automatically, even when parked up for over a month, not connected to a charger and clearly not driven.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Yep same with me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts