Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just ordered my I-Pace! So excited!!!

It is an SE with the following options:

• Corris Grey
  • Light Oyster grained leather sport seats with Ebony/Light Oyster interior
  • 10-way heated electric memory front seats
  • 20" 6 spoke 'Style 6007'
  • Panoramic Roof
  • Privacy glass
  • Active Air Suspension
  • Lockable cooled glovebox
  • Head-up Display
  • Click and Go integrated base unit
  • Driver Assist (Consisting of: Adaptive Cruise Control with Steering Assist, 360° Surround Camera, High-speed Emergency Braking and Blind Spot Assist)

Let me know what you think. I can't wait!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Corris grey would be my favorite as well! &#x1f44d-1f3fb;
Are you planning to buy the I-Pace or are you going to lease it? And did you get any discount?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I also ordered mine last week in the Netherlands. Almost a First Edition spec. Didn't went for a First Edition because I don't like the 20" rims and the dark brown wooden interiour details.

So I went for a HSE spec loaded with options :)

Exterior:

Corris grey
Black Exteriour Pack
Panoramic Roof
Privacy Glass
20" 5 spoke 'Style 5068' Gloss black

Dynamics:

Adaptive Dynamics
Adaptive Surface Response
Active Air Suspension

Interior:

Ebony grained leather sport seats with Ebony interior
Ebony headliner
DAB+
Configurable Ambient Interior Lighting
Illuminated metal treadplates with Jaguar script

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
"Full Extended Leather Pack: bovenzijde dashboard en bovenranden portierpanelen in Windsor leder (kleur afgestemd op kleur stoelbekleding)"

2288 euros. And it requires the "14-voudig verstelbare sportstoelen" (another 2240 euros for the SE version).

·
Registered
74 Posts
Another order from NL, a HSE with the following options:
- Corris Grey / Ebony leather seats
- Privacy glas
- Panoramaroof
- DAB+-tuner
- Black exterior package

Was initially kind of hesitant since we have three kids concerning the room in the rear-middle seat. Would really like to see one for real.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Another order from nl:
Expected delivery mid november

: Jaguar I-Pace EV400 294kW/90 AWD S
: Santorini Black 1AG
: Ebony Luxtec .
: 20'' 5 Spoke lichtmetalen velgen 'Style 5068' Diamond Turned Finish
(031QD)
DAB+-tuner (Digital Audio Broadcasting) (025JB) Metaallak
Click & Go integrated base unit (129AV)
Privacy Glass (047AB)
Vast panoramisch dak (041CX)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Ordered March 23rd in NL. It's an HSE in Corris grey with light oyster seats and ebony headlining. Extras: 4 zone climate control, dab radio, leather upgrade, configurable ambient lighting, carbon interior trim, privacy glass, exterior black pack, panoramic roof, fog lights and cold climate pack.

Considered taking 22" and air suspension, but did not want to risk the ride comfort (and reduced range).

Despite some indications on the forum here, my dealer says factory wont indicate delivery dates yet (my reservation nummer is in the mid 700s).

·
Registered
84 Posts
Comfort yes, but according to dealer it won't compensate for the 22" thinner walls. Post was ambiguious.

As for range, I think less rotations per mile with 22" over 20" doesn't compensate for the wider tires' friction. Also think air suspension adds weight, impacting range.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Getjaggywithit said:
Comfort yes, but according to dealer it won't compensate for the 22" thinner walls. Post was ambiguious.

As for range, I think less rotations per mile with 22" over 20" doesn't compensate for the wider tires' friction. Also think air suspension adds weight, impacting range.
According to https://tiresize.com 245/50R20 tires have a diameter of 29.6", a section width of 9.6", and a wheel diameter of 20". The circumference is 93.1" and the revolutions per mile are 681 whereas the 22 inch wheels have 265/40R22 tyres which have a diameter of 30.3", a section width of 10.4", and a wheel diameter of 22". The circumference is 95.3" and the revolutions per mile are 665. According to my calculations this means that the 22" wheels have about 8% more rubber in contact but rotate 5% less per mile. I wonder if it will make much difference?

Another thing that comes out of this is that the thickness of the tyre (tyre diameter less wheel diameter)/2 is 4.825" on a 20" wheel and 4.15" on a 22 wheel, that's 14% less.
Unfortunately we are probably going to have to make our decision without being able to drive both. I was surprised how harsh a F-Pace on 22 inch wheels was compared to mine with 20" wheels but I did not get a chance to compare until several months after taking delivery. I was pleased I had selected the smaller wheels and will be doing the same with my I-Pace.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Quick read at https://electrek.co/2017/11/10/tesla-model-s-model-x-wheel-size-affect-efficency/ for 20" vs 22" at a Tesla model x p90d puts energy consumption somewhere between +10% and +20%, depending on speed. This kind of aligns with 'gut feeling' numbers from colleagues driving Teslas.

Besides comfort (which we indeed cannot test), you may or may not find 20% less range an issue depending on daily use/situation.

-edit- didn't compare tire specs, but assuming good for indicative impact

·
Registered
54 Posts
Order a first edition in NL. Confirm 20 march. I do not know when the I pace will be delivered. I get a number in the 400 from the dealer? Do anyone know when this Will be delivered in Nl?

·
Registered
233 Posts
I ordered my i-Pace S on March 22nd, The Netherlands.
I have a reservation number in the low 400's, and the dealer expects delivery in July-August time frame.
My i-Pace specs:
- Fuji White
- S version, standard 18" wheels (look very good and provide much comfort)
- Panoramic roof
- Heated front seats
- Ioniser
- Front fog lights
Our 3 children will be very happy! Much more space than in our current EV, and panoramic view!

·
Registered
478 Posts
johnd said:
MartijnEV said:
- S version, standard 18" wheels (look very good and provide much comfort)
Anyone care to speculate how much extra range 18" might give? Or is the main difference 20" vs 22"?
Interestingly the circumference of 235/56R18 wheels and tyres (94.33") is only 1% less than the 22 inch option so the number of revolutions per mile is very close but you get 31% more rubber which must make a huge difference to ride quality. I wonder if more rubber makes the wheel more or less energy efficient? A lot will depend on the tyre pressure.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.