Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Visited the Jaguar dealer last week and decided to order the i-Pace S today. Fuji White with only the tow bar as "extra". No further options.

I plan to tow a Combi Camp Country tent trailer with this car during the weekends. Hope range will still be around 250km. Current load on the tow bar is around 65kg, so I need to shift some load in order to stay close to the 50kg pressure that is allowed by this tow bar. Although some people even mention 45kg, which is increadibly low?

I currently (privately) own a Skoda Octavia 2.0 TDI Elegance, so difference can't be bigger, I assume.. Hope to learn about my production date soon and I got confirmation that I can cancel the order free of charge if it is not delivered in 2018. Hope I don't need this clause...

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Snoerd said:
Visited the Jaguar dealer last week and decided to order the i-Pace S today. Fuji White with only the tow bar as "extra". No further options.

I plan to tow a Combi Camp Country tent trailer with this car during the weekends. Hope range will still be around 250km. Current load on the tow bar is around 65kg, so I need to shift some load in order to stay close to the 50kg pressure that is allowed by this tow bar. Although some people even mention 45kg, which is increadibly low?

I currently (privately) own a Skoda Octavia 2.0 TDI Elegance, so difference can't be bigger, I assume.. Hope to learn about my production date soon and I got confirmation that I can cancel the order free of charge if it is not delivered in 2018. Hope I don't need this clause...
Congratulations on your I-pace S order and welcome to this forum.

Guess we will experience a similar jump up in car experience. Currently drive a Skoda Octavia as well but the 1.6 TDI greenline version (14% tax) - going to I-Pace S version with approx €8k of options added.

The biggest joke is that in fiscal car value I go from €30.6k to €87.2k yet will pay €35 per month less in net company car tax :D.
Even more strange is that if I would order a new Skoda Octavia as next company car I would pay nearly double in car tax compared to my ordered I-Pace.

Certainly not complaining but does show how poor Dutch government fiscal planning is and why the I-pace is causing outlander PHEV like craziness at year end.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Hi Snoerd,

Congratulations!

As I do mention far to often on this forum (and no, I don't own any stocks in any involved companies):
If budget allows I would suggest: ColdClimate pack / heated steering wheel: during winter time a heated steering wheel, heated front-screen will draw much less power from the battery than heating the whole cabin. Same accounts for heated seats in the back (if you frequently drive with kids). I suppose it will add to your range and to your comfort..

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Not sure abou energy because windscreen and steering whell eating are standard elecytic eat (resistor) but cabin eating is eat pump. And in winter u need to eat inside to anyway.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Bart said:
As I do mention far to often on this forum (and no, I don't own any stocks in any involved companies):
Well, in that case I must disagree with you. I had a car with parking heater for years, and because of that I NEVER EVER used the heated steering wheel and windscreen. So, for me that was a waste of money. Use of the parking heater is just so comfortable and you never have to drive with a thick winter coat.

Also, normally when you pre-heat the car it will use the power from the charger (when plugged in) and not from the battery.

And, as mentioned before I seriously doubt if those electric heating systems are efficient compared to a heat pomp.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I found heated steering wheel, seats and windscreen very handy during the winter in my XC90. Needs only 5-6 min preheat with them on to have warm surface to sit and touch and clear view. Webasto takes lot more time to warm up the cabin.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bart said:
If budget allows I would suggest: ColdClimate pack / heated steering wheel: during winter time a heated steering wheel, heated front-screen will draw much less power from the battery than heating the whole cabin. Same accounts for heated seats in the back (if you frequently drive with kids). I suppose it will add to your range and to your comfort..
Thanks for the suggestions!

Unfortunately, the S version without metallic paint, but including the (expensive!) tow bar was already the max. And a wall box at home. There is a hard stop at 125% of the company lease budget. So I can exceed my leasing budget by maximum 25% and pay that myself (with the Dutch tax benefits applied of course). Hard stop ;-)

Furthermore, I don't agree with your ColdClimate pack suggestion. I currently (privately) own a Skoda Octavia with Webasto park heating. Full car is pre-heated and defrosted either at a specific time or 15 minutes after I press a button on my remote. Also the Jaguar can be pre-heated, so less relevance for me for the cold climate pack. As long as I connect the i-pace to a wall box, this doesn't influence the range. I can connect to a charger both at home and at work, so most of the times. Furthermore, I currently have heated back seats, but never used it and my son is still in a car seat ;-)

What I really regret is that I couldn't afford the Adaptive Cruise Control including Start/Stop (nice around traffic jams...). But I will learn to live with that ;-) But that's definitely something I would recommend to others.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Snoerd said:
What I really regret is that I couldn't afford the Adaptive Cruise Control including Start/Stop (nice around traffic jams...). But I will learn to live with that ;-) But that's definitely something I would recommend to others.
Yes indeed that is a great option to have but be aware that the option cost €5,202 as when selecting drive pack you must also select Leather seats €2,080, 10 way adjustable seats with memory €1,084 and electric adjustable heated mirrors with memory €508.

What I do not get that these things are not standard on a €80k car, the adaptive cruise control is also available as option on €30-€50k cars.

Snoerd said:
There is a hard stop at 125% of the company lease budget. So I can exceed my leasing budget by maximum 25% and pay that myself (with the Dutch tax benefits applied of course). Hard stop
Company car policies indeed can kill the fun - in my case we cannot exceed the lease budget period! Worse is that the lease amount must be based on 4 years 40,000km per year which makes the lease expensive as 5 years 30,000km would be €200 per month less in lease.
As I am the first in the company with a BEV the home charger was kept outside the lease on my argument that it would save the company money by charging at home instead of on public/Fastned chargers. At work they will also install a 32A charger as that allows me to charge at just €0.08 per kwh.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts