Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there! ;-)

More than three weeks ago I orderd the I-Pace - and since that day I didn't receive/hear nothing. No confirmation, no estimated delivery, total silence.

My questions to you guys:
- Did you experience the same after ordering the I-Pace?
- How does Jaguar normally react when you order an ICE-car?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I imagine you are going to get some variations in procedure between regions.

Here in the UK, I have paid a deposit and the next communication I am expecting will be the notification to finalize my spec when they have a manufacturing slot ready for my order.

I am not expecting anything more precise than that at this point.

G

·
When I've brought ANY car new it's been like this :-

* Sales rep / dealership bends over backwards when you are interested and putting a deposit down.

* Then nothing .... for weeks/months (dependent on delivery times)

* With Jag I then got an ETA delivery date and a Cut-off date for changes.

* Then near the cut-off date I get the order form to check the spec / options.

* Then normally about a month before the ETA delivery date you'll get an update.

* Generally with Jag's cars built in the UK you'll get it roughly 2 weeks early as they like to over-estimate delivery so your are never disappointed - although there are always some that are late for various reasons.

Basically you'll here nothing unless they have something to tell you or need from you. While we as customers would like weekly or monthly updates or progress (even if that's still no ETA or news) ... the dealerships do not do this unless you request it.

Wit the I-Pace there is a new factory, a new car and platform, new power train, new motors, etc... but once you start to hear people being told ETA's etc... it won't be long until you hear something.

For now you know it's going to be at least a 4 month wait ... maybe 6 months ... so settle in for the ride! BTW I had a 5month wait for my F-Pace so I know the feeling!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have tried out both designs. The static car at York had the Perfomance Seats, while the static tour car at Leeds had the standard Sports Seats. I really liked the sleek look of the Performance seats, they are slimmer looking in profile and suit the style of the car perfectly and were suprisingly supportive right up to behind the shoulderblades, with them having the integral headrest. I would ideally like to try them out for a driving session to check whether they might perhaps feel too firm for taking longer trips. Having said that, the Sports Seats are very good too; they felt very similar to the seats in my R-Sport F-Pace, which I am still perfectly happy with after almost two years. My conclusion, if money for options is no problem, then I'd invest in having the Performance Seats, but if I found I can't stretch to that then I would still be perfectly happy with the Sports seats.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I've read this about the seats : , which suggests that the headrest on the performance seats can intrude on taller drivers. Has anyone who is around 1.9m (6'2") tried the performance seats and can comment on their own experience? Ideally I would try them out in the dealership, but the car reaches mine on a day when I am away on business!

G

·
The Sports Seats (the 18 way one's) are some of the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in, with only the Merc's S Classes beating them for comfort.

With 18 way (inc lumber support) you'll easily get them into a tight hold for those corners.

Personally I'd save the cash and spend on other gadgets or "wants" than the performance seats - or you desperate for the good looks!

·
Registered
36 Posts
My dealer in Holland confirmed this morning the possibility for the performance seats for the FE. So I've changed my seats. In Geneva I've sat on both and found the performance seats better than the sport seats.

·
Registered
54 Posts
@Taxjag: bedankt! / Thanks! (exclusive VAT € 655). Is not that much. I will think about it. I don't have a date of production of my dealer yet (have a high 400 number received when I signed the order). I will ask the dealer for more information: production date and about the Performance Seats.

·
Registered
54 Posts
@Mark_T: the price in the UK is different for the Performance. The price of the Full Leather option in Holland is more expensive than the UK. I can't explain the difference in that.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.