Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Paul,
Congrats on the First Edition order I'm jealous !!!!
I presume the price was the price no discounts etc I know it's brand new just wondered

Also when you get a date will you let us know just as an idea of delivery times ?

G

·
Not jealous at all :oops:

Congratulations.

What was the spec you choose? I know there are only a few choices, but still 3 paints, 2 wheels, and 2 interior choices to be made :p

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Corris Grey, style 5069 22" wheels, ebony leather, light oyster headlining, and ....... boot mat :lol:

I might go for the illuminated badge (a dealer fit option) and cycle carrier (again, dealer fit).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Confirmed my deposit with the following order.....

First Edition,
Ebony Windsor leather sport seats with Ebony/Ebony Interior,Corris Grey,Light Oyster suedecloth headlining, 20 inch wheels,Luggage Compartment Rubber Mat, mud flaps all round, and if it becomes available before delivery a tow bar.

I wonder how many orders have been confirmed? I have spoken to two dealers and they both say they have taken over 50 intention to buys but one dealer has had two confirmed (One of which is mine) and the other one has had none! Is there only two confirmed orders on this forum?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yes, sincere congrats Paul, and yes, I am jealous.
Nice to able to afford what is very special car. Did you have a full list of options to configure with?
Did you dealer tell you if the other 25 interests were confirming sooner or later?
I'm now waiting for the e-Tron to see if its comparable. I might have saved a bit more by then. :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Paul J. said:
Corris Grey, style 5069 22" wheels, ebony leather, light oyster headlining, and ....... boot mat :lol:

I might go for the illuminated badge (a dealer fit option) and cycle carrier (again, dealer fit).
Illuminated logo is only available on cars without adaptive cruise control. Radar is behind logo.

·
Registered
478 Posts
After what appears to be weeks of delay I finally got my order form to sign this afternoon. Phew!
HSE, Head Up Display, Air Suspension, 5068 wheels, Ebony/oyster interior, Caesium Blue, no panoramic, heated windscreen & carpet mats: £77,495.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I seem to recall seeing a blue test mule amongst the winter testing vehicles (where the camo had peeled off). I wonder whether that was Caesium Blue? I'd be interested to see one in that colour.

·
Registered
18 Posts
At the Solihull event I asked the question about delivery dates, the presenter stated that all orders place pre-launch would be filled in August :roll: Has anyone else heard about this statement?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
When I placed my order the dealer gave a notional 'end of July' date for delivery, but admitted that they didn't have clear any information at that time. Based on the demonstrators arriving in showrooms at the beginning of May, the August date seems about right. However, I'm hoping that a First Edition order may come through sooner, because it is an 'off the peg' build rather than a 'bespoke' build. [crosses fingers].....

G

·
NATO said:
At the Solihull event I asked the question about delivery dates, the presenter stated that all orders place pre-launch would be filled in August :roll: Has anyone else heard about this statement?
I heard that anyone ordering after May won't see one this year - note this is NOT CONFIRMED by anyone official, just what someone told me who I wouldn't dismiss what he says.

TBH you are early adopting the car and the factory will ramp up production as they get the routine down - just look at the Model 3.

Saying that though, Jag have years of experience over Tesla, so hopefully you will all start getting estimated build dates soon - Also note that
Jaguar will give a date 2-4 weeks past the real expected date, so that they never miss a delivery date 99% of the time. Also I'm sure all the First Editions will be made/delivered first - hence the name!

One other bit of advise - when you do get your confirmation of a date they will send you a build sheet with the full spec and options and a cut of date to advise of errors and/or change the spec. Check it and check it again!! Make sure it's 100% correct with colours and options, etc... Therefore if it's delivered with the wrong spec they don't have a leg to stand on - it's rare but it can happen!

I was thinking the weekend, if only the car had been £5-6k cheaper I'd be joining you all! Ohh well enjoy the experience and don't worry ... months fly by!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Deposit placed at the weekend, but not looking for delivery until 2019 (say 12 months' time) - just hoping to reserve a place in the queue.

I don't think the dealers have a clue what they can realistically offer in terms of lead times, queue length etc - suspect that dealer allocations have not yet been confirmed for 2018, let alone 2019. I was told (Cambridge) that 7 slots were available for (potentially) July delivery, of which 3-4 had already gone. Some more later in the year, but no slots at all (!) for 2019. Truckload of salt time, I think. Apart from anything else no-one will have a clue at this stage how many deposit-holders will convert to a full order.

Also told that availability of the government EV grant is not yet confirmed for the i-Pace.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Placed my deposit just before Christmas and ordered on 2nd March 2018: -

I-Pace SE, Yulong white, black exterior pack, 22" style 5056 wheels, panoramic roof, Ebony 10-way heated seats, Ebony headlining, cold climate pack, front fogs, active air suspension and surround cam.

My dealer is currently quoting delivery as July/August. Fingers crossed!

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Grille

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
My order for this one is on its way:

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Grille

It's gonna be an HSE, ebony leather, ebony headlining, air suspension, 4-zone-climate-control, black roof (no panoramic roof!) - and some more options... ;-)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.