Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

A slightly unusual question - does anyone park an I-Pace in a narrow garage? If so, how narrow and how difficult is it to park and get in & out?

I found an old thread about the width (https://www.ipaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=160) but nothing much else on here (though I have trouble with the search - it keeps saying terms are too general).

I'm looking at a place with a garage (in a block) having a door that is only 2140mm wide (or maybe a smidge more). I don't have the internal width yet - maybe it's 300mm more. According to the specs the I-Pace is 2139mm with mirrors out, or 2011mm with mirrors folded. I'm trying to work out if it's a complete non-starter (or would be incredibly tedious to park)...

TIA!
Simon

·
Premium Member
837 Posts
Mine is quite tight and takes some practise. This is the only time that I use creep mode. Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Grille Hood Automotive tire

Garage length 4.95 metres door opening 2.15 metre and I also have a support right by the car door which only gives me .3 metre to open the door, so the support has rubber matting on it.
It is a bit tight.

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
My door is 2100 , it then widens a lot inside so I can almost fully open car door. I reverse in re charger position, fold the mirrors in, it's tight, but not taken much to get used to it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all! (never heard of a car pusher before...)

@elbocko Thanks for the photo! Assuming your car is RHD presumably the other side has more space? (the padding shown for when driving in forwards?)

@endoman Yes, I wouldn't have so much space but maybe with the car tight to one side 30-40cm would be enough with padding on the wall... and a deep breath!

·
Premium Member
837 Posts
Simon300 said:
Thanks all! (never heard of a car pusher before...)

@elbocko Thanks for the photo! Assuming your car is RHD presumably the other side has more space? (the padding shown for when driving in forwards?)

@endoman Yes, I wouldn't have so much space but maybe with the car tight to one side 30-40cm would be enough with padding on the wall... and a deep breath!
As requested, a picture from the front showing the column supporting the house in the middle of a 1 1/2 car garage. The car is parked, very carefully hard against a flattened heavy gauge cardboard box, that was used for a television, screwed to the wall.
Wood Picture frame Bumper Automotive exterior Tints and shades

and one from inside; please note that I am not the slimmest of individuals (OK Fat).
Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle Car Alloy wheel

The rubber matting was bought from EBay and is normally used for stable floors.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ah, it all makes perfect sense now El Bocko! Looks like it works well as long as the car is reversed in enough (I think I read once about someone putting a tennis ball on a string above the rear window, though your rear wall gives you a clear reference too :lol: ).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As an aside - one nice thing occurred to me is, with an EV, even if you have to manoeuvre a bit at least you don't have to worry about the CO fumes in the garage!

·
Premium Member
837 Posts
Simon300 said:
As an aside - one nice thing occurred to me is, with an EV, even if you have to manoeuvre a bit at least you don't have to worry about the CO fumes in the garage!
And it is very quiet, so you can hear subtle things with the Windows open. I also have a parking mat; something like the picture,
Triangle Rectangle Font Slope Brand

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
My garage door opening is 2180mm wide and it feels a lot tighter than it probably is as the edges of the car are hard to see / judge as they fall away so much - but using the cameras (esp 360 view) and going slow I am getting used to it. I find backing it in easier as the cameras seem more accurate / true at the rear. The T junction split view at the front is next to useless as you can't see where the edge of the car is and if it's going to hit anything !! I do have to bring the wing mirrors in just as going past the door springs/uprights but all fine. I am a big guy (ok, fat) and once inside I do swing the passenger front over closer to the wall (garage opens up to be 2900 wide inside) to allow enough room for driver door to open and for me to get past the wing mirror back out front of garage !!

·
Registered
157 Posts
I don't have the dimensions for my garage to hand, but if I'm not snug to the left, it's tricky to get out. Like, I have to take my walllet out of back jeans pocket, it's that tight!

·
Premium Member
837 Posts
Weezer said:
I don't have the dimensions for my garage to hand, but if I'm not snug to the left, it's tricky to get out. Like, I have to take my walllet out of back jeans pocket, it's that tight!
Are you an Airline pilot??
View attachment 3606

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
I wish. No, it's just that the curves of the car coincide with my backside where the wallet sits in my back jeans pockets. It's just been enough for me to get stuck - and, like most I-Pace owners' wallets, mine is now fairly empty...

·
Registered
20 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks so much. The eBay bit I am wary of. Someone on the forum recommended Ben Harris,Parts Advisor, Matford Jaguar Land Rover who was v helpful and part is £60 as it includes indicator although I don't need indicator as luckily the rest incl blind spot is working ... He helpfully confirmed it is the same as the xe and later model xf so if I can't get from scrap yard the £60 + fitting option is at least a cheap solution and not £1150 new mirror. Thanks again

·
Registered
20 Posts
Jamesward said:
Thanks so much. The eBay bit I am wary of.
There's another option from Amazon if you find them more trustworthy...

For some reason the link screws up when i try to post it but if you search for "RelaxToday 2pcs LED Dynamic Turn Signal Light Flowing Water Light,For Jaguar I-pace 2018-2020" on the UK website it should show up. Again, no idea of the quality...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts