Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner

<t>Performance or Sports Seats?</t>

  • <t>Performance</t>

    Votes: 26 38.8%
  • <t>Sports</t>

    Votes: 41 61.2%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've ordered the car with the optional performance seats on a First edition with a £1,400 cost. However after testing both seats I think I prefer the standard seats as they're comfier. I wondered what you had chosen on your orders and why?

Thanks
 
G

·
Sports for Comfort - Performance for looks

Not saying the Performance are uncomfortable but there is a difference and I prefer Sports
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
I have chosen the sports seat purely based on images. I didn't like the way the performance seats look (but that is personal). Haven't been able to test the difference, drove in a car with sports seats and think they are great!
 
G

·
I originally wanted the optional Performance seats because they seemed to deliver more of the interior 'feel' of the concept I-Pace. With their slimmer profiles I also thought they conveyed a greater airiness to the cabin, and would not appear so 'bulky' to rear seat passengers (the back of my black-interior XE has a slightly claustrophobic feel).

However, as I gained more experience of the I--Pace interior (particularly in Oyster trim), I decided that the 18-Way Sports seat was more than satisfactory from both front and rear seat perspectives, and decided not to shell out the extra for the Performance seats option.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
In Geneva we've tested both. In my opinion you sit on the sport seats en you sit in the performance. Furthermore the performance seats are looking tremendous. So for us the choice was easy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
The performance seats seem to have been designed for the F-type. For me they look a little out of place in the I-Pace, especially the back of the seat.
In a 2 seater they look fantastic. My HSE has the 18 way adjustable sports seats.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Try them out!
Just taken delivery of a new I-PACE. Thought I would go for the standard seats advertised as 8 way adjustable would be more than enough.
Having driven 20 miles I can only say they are the worst seats I have ever sat in and I fear I am going to have to return or sell the car.
8 way adjustable turns out to be 3 way adjustable: back/forward, up/down and seat back rake.
I have a long back. There is no support whatsoever for my back other than at the shoulders. No Lumbar, no lower back, no seat support. IF YOU HAVE A LONG BACK NO NOT BUY.
AVOID, AVOID AVOID.
I have never Ben so uncomfortable in any car at any price.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
680 Posts
Papa J said:
Try them out!
Just taken delivery of a new I-PACE. Thought I would go for the standard seats advertised as 8 way adjustable would be more than enough.
Having driven 20 miles I can only say they are the worst seats I have ever sat in and I fear I am going to have to return or sell the car.
8 way adjustable turns out to be 3 way adjustable: back/forward, up/down and seat back rake.
I have a long back. There is no support whatsoever for my back other than at the shoulders. No Lumbar, no lower back, no seat support. IF YOU HAVE A LONG BACK NO NOT BUY.
AVOID, AVOID AVOID.
I have never Ben so uncomfortable in any car at any price.
That's not good, I hope you can get something sorted.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
140 Posts
I agree.
I find the 10-way adjustable seats on my SE very uncomfortable - there is no lower back support.
After a year of fiddling I have found one position which is almost acceptable.
It simply never occurred to me when I ordered that "10-way electrical front seats" would
not include any lumbar support adjustment.
I would rather have manual lumbar adjustment than any electric adjustments.
Certainly it seems ludicrous that there's no option other than spending another £2590
on the 18-way seats! I think we paid £160 for electric lumbar adjustment on our Mercedes GLA.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,236 Posts
I think each person prefers differently based on their body shape/size and its not the case that everyone will find the performance seats better than the sports seats just because the performance seats are more expensive.

The annoying thing is that you need to do a 300-400 mile journey to know which seat is right for you, BY which time you've already ordered your car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
755 Posts
fa147 said:
The annoying thing is that you need to do a 300-400 mile journey to know which seat is right for you, BY which time you've already ordered your car.
We're discussing the I-Pace.
It can't do 3-400 miles without taking a long stop for charging.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
I got the 18-way sports seats because at the time I ordered the car, there were no performance seats available to try sitting in.

I think the sports seats look great... but I don't find them to be terribly comfortable no matter how I adjust them. They are just, I don't know, kind of hard, not very supportive, and they don't go down low enough. Its probably nothing I'd ever notice if the IPace was the only car I drove, but I also own a '13 Ford Fusion, and the ford has spectacularly comfy seats. Maybe some day I'll be back at the jag dealer and try sitting the performance seats just for comparison...

I've gotta say the leather in the jag is like two steps up from the ford though!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,236 Posts
FENorway said:
fa147 said:
The annoying thing is that you need to do a 300-400 mile journey to know which seat is right for you, BY which time you've already ordered your car.
We're discussing the I-Pace.
It can't do 3-400 miles without taking a long stop for charging.
How about 300-400km?? ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Mine has the standard 8-way adjustable seats and I don't find them particularly comfortable either, certainly compared to the comfort seats I had in the X5.

If I were to get another one, I'd definitely upgrade the seats.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
373 Posts
The headrest on the performance seats sticks into my back between my shoulders. V uncomfortable. But even if they were a bit more comfy I would not have spent any more than £500 on the upgrade
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
oop north said:
The headrest on the performance seats sticks into my back between my shoulders. V uncomfortable. But even if they were a bit more comfy I would not have spent any more than £500 on the upgrade
Out of curiosity, how tall are you? I'm 6'0 and would imagine getting much taller than that could cause problems with the performance seats.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
373 Posts
My height isn't the point - I am about 5ft 10.5 inches (so not all that tall) but have short legs and a rather long back. There's no substitute for sitting in a seat to see how you get on
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top