Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Stacie,
Tesla batteries are draining, like all batteries, and loosing between 5 to 9 miles per day ( depending on the model)

Do you have released any figures for the I-Pace ?
How much battery charge will be available if I go on holidays for 3 weeks and leave my I Pace uncharged ?
I leave in Paris and cannot charge my car at home .

Thks

Miguel
 
G

·
Subsidiary question: Can the I-Pace be turned off completely (for instance when locked and on holiday away, not connected to a supply, or for when travelling on Euro-Tunnel, unlocked). I have read that Tesla Model S has this function, so I hope I-Pace will have also.
 
G

·
I remember them saying there will be some drain but no where near Tesla levels.

As for fully off I have no idea.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Even Tesla's are not routinely losing that much a day unless you decide to leave the car always connected to WiFi, or use an app that constantly interrogates it for data, or use the ac to keep the cabin temperature down.

2-3 miles a day is perfectly achievable if you let it go to sleep properly and don't keep waking it up.

I imagine the Jaguar will be similarly affected by user choices...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,904 Posts
I left mine for a week while I travelled overseas. It reported 119 miles range when I left it. On returning after a week, it had 119 miles range indicated. My 2016 Tesla MS would lose around 8 miles a day if left for a similar period.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Chewy said:
I left mine for a week while I travelled overseas. It reported 119 miles range when I left it. On returning after a week, it had 119 miles range indicated. My 2016 Tesla MS would lose around 8 miles a day if left for a similar period.
Do realize - these figures of "range" are based on calculations. Or no-calculation at all.... Also there is a difference between the two ways of showing "range". The Jag is using your past driving characteristics (whatever the math used..). Tesla uses "Typical Range" based on average usage of app. 200wH per km. The math is always the same. This means that if you drive on this average consumption it's "exactly" showing the distance you can still drive given your SoC.. Obviously this is only an issue on longer roadtrips where you need to reach the next (super)charger or destination.

Every battery loses energy over time - the one in the I-Pace included. I'm afraid that as it looks like the GOM is based on driving characteristics it's not taking this into account. Interesting to see what others are experiencing after longer wait periods..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kameel said:
I also left my i pace 7 days, the battery was 64% charged and the range 216km, after coming back both were unchanged.
I left mine for 5 days and lost 15km or 3km/day
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,904 Posts
EDi99 said:
Chewy said:
I left mine for a week while I travelled overseas. It reported 119 miles range when I left it. On returning after a week, it had 119 miles range indicated. My 2016 Tesla MS would lose around 8 miles a day if left for a similar period.
Do realize - these figures of "range" are based on calculations. Or no-calculation at all.... Also there is a difference between the two ways of showing "range". The Jag is using your past driving characteristics (whatever the math used..). Tesla uses "Typical Range" based on average usage of app. 200wH per km. The math is always the same. This means that if you drive on this average consumption it's "exactly" showing the distance you can still drive given your SoC.. Obviously this is only an issue on longer roadtrips where you need to reach the next (super)charger or destination.

Every battery loses energy over time - the one in the I-Pace included. I'm afraid that as it looks like the GOM is based on driving characteristics it's not taking this into account. Interesting to see what others are experiencing after longer wait periods..
Sorry, I did not make it clear, my %age charge level
remained the same.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,513 Posts
emgf said:
Kameel said:
I also left my i pace 7 days, the battery was 64% charged and the range 216km, after coming back both were unchanged.
I left mine for 5 days and lost 15km or 3km/day
Did you lose SoC % or just range - not sure why but my car ALWAYS goes back to Comfort mode. I already tried to save it under profile to start in Eco mode but no luck. So my range always goes down when I start the car but have not noticed a decline of SoC % yet, then I again so far I have driven the car every day except 1.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jelle v/d Meer said:
emgf said:
Kameel said:
I also left my i pace 7 days, the battery was 64% charged and the range 216km, after coming back both were unchanged.
I left mine for 5 days and lost 15km or 3km/day
Did you lose SoC % or just range - not sure why but my car ALWAYS goes back to Comfort mode. I already tried to save it under profile to start in Eco mode but no luck. So my range always goes down when I start the car but have not noticed a decline of SoC % yet, then I again so far I have driven the car every day except 1.
I only loose range like you not SoC
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top