Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner

Pivi Pro software issues

5K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  ACB5 
#1 ·
Hi Dan, is there any forecast on how the next Pivi Pro software update will be available? Current version, 2.0.8a, has severe problems such has always reverting the trip monitor to miles at each power up and not finding the eSim or Wifi network every 2 or 3 days without a soft reset.
It's now almost 3 months that the latest version ahs been released and I really wonder when such bugs that cannot be classified as "minor" will be solved.

Thanks as usual for your support.

#2 ·
Hi Kermit68,

Thank you for your post.

I can confirm that a later version of the software for PIVI has been released. However, this is only currently available for pathfinder vehicles and is not available to download via software over the air.

To establish the latest software available and to ensure it is downloaded to your vehicle I would advise that you visit your local approved Jaguar retailer for further assistance.

Thanks, Dan - Jaguar UK

#6 ·
Hmm that also ties in with my experience, recently had a TCU replacement and when they went to get the SOTA working, the line was ...

SOTA updates are suspended for MY21 at this time, suspect the release it to dealers/pathfinder first and then if all ok release to SOTA.

Cant be sure however as my version is now blank. Although I dont seem to have the profile loss problems of old any more.

#7 ·
I just got back my MY21 SE from the dealer after 2 days of diagnosis (or fighting ...).
Pros: The units (Km) setting is mantained even after switch off / swtich on the car.

Mobile data is working again but it turned out that after delivery I was not notified that the eSim should have been "activated" with my personal data. So after a couple of weeks of temporary activation it had been disabled. I cannot consider this as a SW bug but rather a poor delivery service. Also I'm now able again to connect to exernal wifi.

Sw version is still 2.0.8a PBAX dated Feb 17th 2021 so no 2.0.9 seems available even at the dealer. And as I got home and I switched off the car and back on to check if the Km units were still there I got intead the "no eSim" message. After a soft reset (15s pushing the button on the knob) the eSim was back to life.

Finally, I asked how to access my complementary 1st year usage Hot spot and the answer was "we don't know". I spoke with a honest JLR technician that told me my car was the 1st that he had to work on wiht the new Pivi Pro and the dual eSim and he lacked experience (and I guess training ...). But he promised me to investigate and let me know later on. We'll see.

So I have back the main functionality I lost (chargers status, traffic on map, Spotify, weather) but I think we are still far from having a stable and fully functional Pivi Pro.

#8 ·
kermit68 said:
I just got back my MY21 SE from the dealer after 2 days of diagnosis (or fighting ...).
Pros: The units (Km) setting is mantained even after switch off / swtich on the car.

Mobile data is working again but it turned out that after delivery I was not notified that the eSim should have been "activated" with my personal data. So after a couple of weeks of temporary activation it had been disabled. I cannot consider this as a SW bug but rather a poor delivery service. Also I'm now able again to connect to exernal wifi.

Sw version is still 2.0.8a PBAX dated Feb 17th 2021 so no 2.0.9 seems available even at the dealer. And as I got home and I switched off the car and back on to check if the Km units were still there I got intead the "no eSim" message. After a soft reset (15s pushing the button on the knob) the eSim was back to life.

Finally, I asked how to access my complementary 1st year usage Hot spot and the answer was "we don't know". I spoke with a honest JLR technician that told me my car was the 1st that he had to work on wiht the new Pivi Pro and the dual eSim and he lacked experience (and I guess training ...). But he promised me to investigate and let me know later on. We'll see.

So I have back the main functionality I lost (chargers status, traffic on map, Spotify, weather) but I think we are still far from having a stable and fully functional Pivi Pro.
I have had this update recently to 2.0.8a which improved some aspects of the stability issues with Pivi Pro like profile amnesia and km units. However, it has now picked up the habit of not connecting via the eSim, no 4G reception every second or third startup. Each time I have to soft reset Pivi Pro to get the 4G back. I don't get the "no eSim" message.

#9 ·
Had this all the time with mine. When I went to the dealer even with pictures and video they said they could not replicate it but admitted they did not want to change the module the embedded sim is in as it was a main control module and not just for the e-sim and was expensive to replace. I never did get it working properly despite software upgrades.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.