Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone manage to read playlists (M3U or PLS) with MP3 stored on usb key ?
The touch Pro duo of the I pace is using Gracenote, maybe their is another file format for playlists ?

·
Registered
528 Posts
just an idea.... can you create playlists on the iPace system itself ?
I assume it should be possible; you can then export/copy that out to a USB key and inspect its format on your computer, compare to your own playlists to see what's different ?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Tophe74 said:
Did anyone manage to read playlists (M3U or PLS) with MP3 stored on usb key ?
The touch Pro duo of the I pace is using Gracenote, maybe their is another file format for playlists ?
For music, if you have an Android device, I strongly recommend going with Android Auto. Google lets you upload all your music into the cloud for free and then you can play anything with voice commands. I believe Apple CarPlay offers similar functionality too.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes but it uses data and furthermore with Flac or DTS music wich are better quality.
To bad not to be able to use playlists with in car music.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Tophe74 said:
Yes but it uses data and furthermore with Flac or DTS music wich are better quality.
To bad not to be able to use playlists with in car music.
I'm an audiophile and play only uncompressed music at home. In the car, with background noise over 60dB, I'd be astonished if FLAC makes a perceptible difference. But you're absolutely right about the data.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's not much the quality difference that I like (u right, barrely noticeable in a car) but the multi chanels. The surrounding field is much better than in stereo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts