Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone signed up for the monthly Jaguar Plugsurfing Subscription? I would be interested to hear any feedback and if it is really value for money. For me, it's proposing €35.10 fixed monthly fee, which looks tempting, but I guess there must be a catch.....

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
r0bs0n said:
I contacted them to ask what I would get for that (same) subscription fee, here is their reply (and the catch):

82A5DE05-DA27-40B3-BACA-E417AD307BCE.jpeg
Thought it was too good to be true. Looks like I'm better off charging at home, then pay as you go when needed on longer trips.

·
Registered
57 Posts
For fastcharging I use Maingau (einfachstromladen.de). They only charge €0.05 per minute rather than per KWh. On a 50KW charger charger you only pay €3 for an hour of charging, which is a lot less than public charging.

Look at the screenshot below for examples of short charging sessions I did and the costs I was charged:

Font Number Rectangle Screenshot Parallel

Attachments

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
r0bs0n said:
For fastcharging I use Maingau (einfachstromladen.de). They only charge €0.05 per minute rather than per KWh. On a 50KW charger charger you only pay €3 for an hour of charging, which is a lot less than public charging.

Look at the screenshot below for examples of short charging sessions I did and the costs I was charged:

01027508-2E60-491B-A231-AE78D7F0DCCC.jpeg
Wow. That's pretty amazing. Wonder how long that pricing will continue.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
r0bs0n said:

Is this the rate that is charged for all chargers that the Maingau card works on, or is it just for the ones they operate? Also, I tried to order a charging key in their on-line shop, but they're not available. Will check in a few days time. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Maingau key (EinfachStromLaden) works even on Fastned and Ionity charging stations!
So you can charge for example 40 kW in 30 min, so 40 kW for € 1,50........

·
Registered
68 Posts
Plufsurfing is too expensive by far!!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
mclarenpaul said:
r0bs0n said:

Is this the rate that is charged for all chargers that the Maingau card works on, or is it just for the ones they operate? Also, I tried to order a charging key in their on-line shop, but they're not available. Will check in a few days time. Thanks for the tip.
It should be valid for roaming charging stations, too.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Downloaded the app from Maingau and set up my account. I have a 50kW charger nearby, so will try that tomorrow or Friday if I get the chance. Looks really simple using NFC or scanning a QR code. Now this sounds too good to be true.....

·
Registered
335 Posts
dr.tube said:
Maingau key (EinfachStromLaden) works even on Fastned and Ionity charging stations!
I also ordered and received a Maingau card (september 2018), but it does not work at the Fastned chargers I tested.. Joined with a N26 German IBAN..
I read somewhere there is a batch of cards that does work at Fastned, but most of them don't.

- When did you order your card?
- Did you contact Fastned or Maingau to activate your card to make it possible to use at Fastnedcharger??

With regard to profitability: large companies / users pay about 4 ct/kWh, perhaps even less.
I guess they (try to) make the profit at the 22kWh chargers, but therefore we use one of "our other 24 charging cards", don't we?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Bart said:
I guess they (try to) make the profit at the 22kWh chargers, but therefore we use one of "our other 24 charging cards", don't we?
:D So true.

To your experience, what is the cheapest way to use public charging in the streets? I find €0,34 /KWh quite a lot since it amounts to >€25 for a 'full tank'.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Bart said:
dr.tube said:
I also ordered and received a Maingau card (september 2018), but it does not work at the Fastned chargers I tested.. Joined with a N26 German IBAN..
I read somewhere there is a batch of cards that does work at Fastned, but most of them don't.
I have no problem at all using my EinfachStromladen Card (Maingau) at Fastned stations, neither abroad, nor in the Netherlands,
Sometimes the card seems to be rejected but when you try again it is always accepted! You can now put your Dutch IBAN number in the app directly.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi Bart, I activated my Maingau card by Maingau.

As DrPhil mentions, sometimes you need to present your EinfachStromLaden key twice before Fastned charger starts.....
But in this way it always works!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I didn't get the chance to test it today as I charged my car at home to 100% last night. I've downloaded the app on my phone, successfully registered my account and IBAN, which is a Luxembourgish one, and will try tomorrow using NFC or scanning the QRC on the charger. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
57 Posts
mclarenpaul said:
I didn't get the chance to test it today as I charged my car at home to 100% last night. I've downloaded the app on my phone, successfully registered my account and IBAN, which is a Luxembourgish one, and will try tomorrow using NFC or scanning the QRC on the charger. Fingers crossed.
I never use NFC or QR scanner, but simply select the charger in the app, pcik the right type ccs2 and seect start paid charge now - not sure if NFC works (it didn't for me).

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
r0bs0n said:
mclarenpaul said:
I never use NFC or QR scanner, but simply select the charger in the app, pcik the right type ccs2 and seect start paid charge now - not sure if NFC works (it didn't for me).
Einfach indeed! Will hope to try it at lunchtime today.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I took the Jaguar Plugsurfing subscription to test, and (even though unconfirmed) it seems that the first 6 months are free of charge.
Nothing has been charged on my credit card so far and the subscription has a renewal date of 2nd May.
Fingers crossed they won't charge the past 6 months all at once on May 3rd.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.