Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been in contact with both companies who are keen to do business. Has anyone got experience of either and reasons why they chose one over the other? Apart from the units looks they perform the same.

Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I went with neither, didn't like the style or the basic functionality of both units. The unit will be visible at the front of the house and wanted something that had at least some aesthetic thinking be applied during its design.

I went with a myenergi zappi, scheduled to be installed in a couple of weeks. the only drawback I had was finding one of their approved installers was a bit of a pain the ones that cover my area were very expensive the national installer was frankly ridicolous, in the end I contacted someone from a surrounding area who quoted a more realistic price, after the grant I'm paying £300. Which is about how much more the Zappi costs over and above a basic unit.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I've gone the Zappi route too.

Found the same, bonkers prices from some suppliers.... my house is a new build with 2 rolled up charger cables ready to go, I wasn't going to pay £1000 for less than an hours work (for 1 charger) …… I think Zappi need to weed out the exploiters.

……. but the unit itself is just what I'm after.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have used two different make/models of chargers (3.6 kW) with previous EVs. This time I have elected to buy this one, which of course is a 7.2 kW: https://www.ratio.nl/en/catalog/e-mobility/home-box-ev-wallbox/type-2/35339w/groups/g+c+a+nr+view

Model 35339W from Ratio Electric (Netherlands). It is distributed through various channels in other countries. Can buy it in Belgium for 696,- € (inclusive of 21% VAT). Installation is very simple, and your local electrician will do it in no time if your home has proper support for it. You need 1P 240V/32A, so you need probably 50 A introduction to your home, if you want plenty of remaining available power for running the washing machine, the burner of your heating system, or the like in the night while you charge. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts