Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a new smart energy meter fitted by Eon about 10 days ago - yesterday plugged car in for first time since this and it wouldn’t charge.
  • Lights on solo show as OK (blue/pink)
  • then when I plug in it appears to be charging for first 30 seconds (green light)
  • then light switches to steady red and car switches from charging to initialising.
  • lights revert to blue/pink as soon as I disconnect cable.
  • I have reset the solo by pressing red button at mains leaving for 20 mins and then flipping switches back up … no impact.
  • I’ve tried connecting to the podpoint WiFi but can’t see it to connect
I’ve called podpoint who advised reset and have said they’ll get back to me but can’t say when !!!
has anyone else experienced this or can anyone advise please ? Thank you

·
Registered
26 Posts
Do you have a second smaller cable running alongside the main thick cable between your consumer box and the Pod Point? This is a sensor that ensures the charger is not taking so much power as to affect the whole house. This sensor is normally clipped around the cable one side of the house electricity meter. When my sensor wasn't working properly, the charger cut out after 30 seconds, so I wonder (given the proximity of the sensor to the meter) if it's no longer attached, or no longer working?

·
Registered
61 Posts
A friend had this problem, he quoted this: 'the Smart Meter problem, when they installed the Pod Point they also installed some sort of safety cut out device which is essentially a plastic clamp that clamps to one of the cables connected to the meter. When the Smart meter was installed they removed the clamp and did not reconnect it which was the route cause of the problem'

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you and yes - it looks like Eon has removed the clamp when installing smart meter.
Podpoint replied, they’ve remotely reduced the output of the charger so that it now works and I can charge car, albeit quite slowly !
Call now escalated to new team who are going to look at whether it can be sorted remotely (I’m guessing not !) or they need to send out an engineer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts