1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
243 Posts
The bit of the I-Pace performance envelope that I have some nagging doubts about is much less the 0-60 (or 0-100km/h) than eg 50-70 or 50-80 for overtaking. The torque curve for the I-Pace shows maximum torque at 0rpm and thereafter progressively dropping to minimal at around (IIRC) 12000rpm - there's a torque curve graph in the I-Pace brochure, though I can't quickly spot one online. So there would seem to be substantially less torque available for mid-range acceleration and (of course) no gearbox to help out.

Will be interested to see some comparative 50-70 or 50-80 figures in the road tests.

·
Registered
378 Posts
That's normal with electric motor, torque is max at 0 rpm and 0 torque at nominal speed. So electric motor can't ever get to nominal rpm when there's load on. But todays electronic drives can adjust the curve and probably there would be enough for 50-70.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
johnd said:
The bit of the I-Pace performance envelope that I have some nagging doubts about is much less the 0-60 (or 0-100km/h) than eg 50-70 or 50-80 for overtaking. The torque curve for the I-Pace shows maximum torque at 0rpm and thereafter progressively dropping to minimal at around (IIRC) 12000rpm - there's a torque curve graph in the I-Pace brochure, though I can't quickly spot one online. So there would seem to be substantially less torque available for mid-range acceleration and (of course) no gearbox to help out.

Will be interested to see some comparative 50-70 or 50-80 figures in the road tests.
Earlier I received an email from the dealer after they returned from their weekend in Portugal. See below the translation of that email:

First of all, we noticed the high level of construction quality. Despite this being a prototype, this Jaguar already looked like a complete production model. Both interior trim and driving qualities are comparable to the top models of Jaguar Land Rover.
In addition, we noticed the enormous acceleration of the Jaguar. Especially from 50 km/h to 120 km/h Jaguar is extremely fast and accelerates very quickly. It is also striking that the brakes are very accurate and decisive.
For the Dutch with a confirmed order before mid May there was also encouraging news about delivery in 2018:

At the moment, the production is divided, whereby of course all confirmed orders are produced and delivered in 2018. We expect early June that all I-PACEs already sold have been classified. Given the enormous interest, we are currently in the process of obtaining extra production to meet all the demand.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[/quote]
Either we have the same dealer (073) or all the dealers send the same message. 😎
[/quote]

We have the same dealer :cool:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jaguar heeft in bodemsectie van de I-Pace een lithium-ion-batterij met een capaciteit van 90 kWh verwerkt. "Feitelijk is het 93 kWh-accupakket waarvan 86 tot 87 kWh bruikbaar is", zegt Dr. Wolfgang Ziebart in een gesprek met AutoRAI.nl.
It says that battery pack is actually 93kwh of which 86/87kwh is usuable.

For those that can read Dutch - a review article rather than video:
https://zerauto.nl/autotest-jaguar-i-pace-2018/

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 - 9 of 9 Posts