Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
I saw it at the Geneva Motor show (in a Velar) it was nice and had it been the same price as Grained leather it would have been something I would have seriously considered however the fact that it is an uplift from Windsor Leather means (for me) its not great value.
However if your only choices are the non Leather interiors I would say it definitely gives the interior a premium "Scandi" feel ...... and so it should at that price.

·
Registered
185 Posts
If anyone would like to see the premium non-leather interior this video shows it from 2.12minutes in.

What's nice is even the steering wheel is covered in Alcantara (non leather) as well as the instrument topper ….. so I suppose the price is not quite as outrageous as it initially appears.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I saw it on a Velar when they were launched - very nice indeed but the headrests were in a different contrasting colour and fabric that looked (to my eyes) plain silly. I agree it is disappointing that it is even more than the Windsor leather

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
After having seen it in the video and in some pictures, I think it´s a bit of a disappointment.
They could have gone down a different route and made it so much more appealing.
I´m thinking no lightgrey cloth and instead all alcantara with contrast stitching and quilted seating surfaces.

That would have been something... :p

This grey kvadrat cloth looks like something out of GTI hatch from the mid 1980-s. :/

·
Registered
2 Posts
I tried to configure the I-Pace with cloth seats. When I add the Drive Pack or the Driver Assist Pack, it force me to have Leather seats. The sales person at the dealer says he cannot override it.

Cloth seats are only available on a stripped down I-Pace S.

No thanks. I will keep my BMW Series 4.

cecil

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
I'm surprised in this day and age that they are forcing people who want a high spec car to have leather seats. Especially on an electric vehicle. The new Evoque has options for non-animal materials. You'd think they would have given I-Pace the same. I expect to see it on MY20 models but I really would have expected it at launch.

Wasn't a real breaker for me, but I can see a growing nice away from leather seats and fully understand how this could put some buyers off.

·
Registered
373 Posts
the configurator currently shows the kvadrat / alcantara option as £0 option on hse. But it is not clear what the option is as when I was getting a contract hire quote recently there were two cloth options - one shown as £0 and one with a monthly cost that ties in (I didn't check the maths so may be wrong) with the originally posted £1600 cost on hse. The configurator at the moment is confusing anyway as it has the non carbon 22" wheel showing as a £400 option rather than £1600. I wonder if there are a few things that are my19 and a few my20?

·
Registered
528 Posts
oop north said:
the configurator currently shows the kvadrat / alcantara option as £0 option on hse. But it is not clear what the option is as when I was getting a contract hire quote recently there were two cloth options - one shown as £0 and one with a monthly cost that ties in (I didn't check the maths so may be wrong) with the originally posted £1600 cost on hse. The configurator at the moment is confusing anyway as it has the non carbon 22" wheel showing as a £400 option rather than £1600. I wonder if there are a few things that are my19 and a few my20?
I noticed a few differences too, wasn't sure if it was my memory or not as I didn't keep a written record.

Possibly the "very expensive cloth" option may have proved too expensive and not appealing enough for many, and they've now got a pile of cloth seats to get rid of !

·
Registered
4 Posts
Blackseries said:
If anyone would like to see the premium non-leather interior this video shows it from 2.12minutes in.

What's nice is even the steering wheel is covered in Alcantara (non leather) as well as the instrument topper ….. so I suppose the price is not quite as outrageous as it initially appears.

I've got one on order with the premium textile package. In Canada, you need to purchase the 6-way adjustable seats and the Windsor leather upgrade, and it's a C$2,600 upgrade on top of that. If you go to the Jaguar.ca site, the build will allow you to see what it looks like. It looks more like the Velar link in the first message, and not anything like the video above. I talked to my Jag rep today because the light textile and contrast in the video is not to my personal liking and doesn't seem to match the picture or the swatches that he showed me. He's going to try and get a real picture of the package. If he manages to get it I'll post it up.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I tried to get premium cloth seat only which was an option in the configurator. Turned out that it wasn't any real option. I needed to choose whole premium cloth interior with +2K extra charge and that also cancelled winter packet so I dropped it and took leather seats.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Talked to my Jag rep and showed him the pictures and videos from this page. They only had the Velar swatch which didn't really look anything like either the Velar picture or the iPace video. He contacted head office and got the following swatch for me.

I think that it looks pretty good, and so have kept my order (although have changed the exterior colour from Corris To Silicon Silver).

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.