Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Almost there, only that I had ticket a winter packet in configurator to get a heated windscreen and a steering wheel. After that I ticked Premium Textile pack and sent the result to the dealer. When I get the quote I noticed that the heated steering wheel was missing, Premiun Textile pack cancels it. The configurator doesn't give an option for premium textile seats only, it comes with interior too including a suedecloth steering wheel with out heating. Has anyone heard that premium textile seats are option without interior upgrade? My dealer contact is on holiday and couldn't tell me for sure and passed it to a Jaguar rep.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I think the issue here is that all other options for the steering wheel have leather covers …… so I think the thinking was, if you are paying a high price for the non-leather interior you don't want to be holding a leather steering wheel.
I can only assume that the next thought process was that most of the orders for Luxury non-leather would come from parts of the world that don't need a heated steering wheel (maybe California ?).
Maybe the projected numbers for heated Luxury non-leather steering wheels was to small to justify production.

Remember when the I-Pace was signed off for production there was no Dieselgate, no Model 3 and shifting 13k 100k cars a year seemed like a big ask …. now they are ramping up to 30K this year and who knows how many the year after, so I think you will see the gaps filled in the options list - just not in year 1.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actully I want Premium Textile because cold winters. My XJ has nice Conolly leather seats and they freeze your ass when sitting in the car sub zero weather. And it's electric heaters are so weak that V8 warms up faster than those seat. I'd be fine with seat only upgrade, not total interior. Or maybe that suede steering wheel won't be that cold to hold as leather one?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.