Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever had a problem creating a profile? It's the first one I've tried to create. I get as far as entering my name and press 'next' but nothing happens, it just sits there - weird.

I've tried restoring the settings but it doesn't help.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
What software version do you have? Is the car actually connected?

Reactions: SteveReeves

·
Registered
304 Posts
If you have Pivi Pro then profiles don't do anything other than save your tiles on the main screen. I know that doesn't answer your specific question sorry, but it does save you the time you will waste :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
What software version do you have? Is the car actually connected?
Thanks I'll check the software version tomorrow and let you know. Other than setting up my InControl account which I have done I'm not quite sure what you mean as to whether the car is connected?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
If you have Pivi Pro then profiles don't do anything other than save your tiles on the main screen. I know that doesn't answer your specific question sorry, but it does save you the time you will waste :)
Thanks, yes I have Pivi-Pro. Do I not need to set up a profile to access my InControl account within the car? Apologies as I had a crap handover from the dealer so I'm on a learning curve.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Profiles when set up will set seat positions and mirrors if you have memory seats. Remember your media preferences and favourites on the phone menu.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Is it necessary to add my InControl account into the car, and what is its purpose once it's been added? According to the handover video for I-pace my2021 I have to first set up a profile before I can add my InControl account and that's what I'm having a problem with.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Thanks, yes I have Pivi-Pro. Do I not need to set up a profile to access my InControl account within the car? Apologies as I had a crap handover from the dealer so I'm on a learning curve.
Have you added your I-Pace to your profile in the Jaguar Remote smart mobile app? My dealer handover included a part where the dealer setup my app profile on a the Jaguar web site using a Windows laptop, she asked me to set a password and added my car. I then went home and played for hours with profiles to find out the Pivi Pro profiles do not save your seat, mirror or other preferences.

Just to clarify the steps
  1. Press the small icon with 4 squares on the bottom right of the centre screen. This shows the options in smaller icon format.
  2. Press the Accounts icon
  3. Press the Add Profile option at the top right
  4. You will be prompted to enter the name
  5. Press Next
  6. You will be asked to sign in or add the InControl account for this proflie.
  7. Log in using your InControl username and password.
It all worked fine for me as a test just now.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Profiles when set up will set seat positions and mirrors if you have memory seats. Remember your media preferences and favourites on the phone menu.
Not on the Pivi Pro models it seems. The Touch Pro versions were deemed buggy and kept forgetting settings etc. So Jaguar decided to remove them instead of fix them it seems.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have you added your I-Pace to your profile in the Jaguar Remote smart mobile app? My dealer handover included a part where the dealer setup my app profile on a the Jaguar web site using a Windows laptop, she asked me to set a password and added my car. I then went home and played for hours with profiles to find out the Pivi Pro profiles do not save your seat, mirror or other preferences.

Just to clarify the steps
  1. Press the small icon with 4 squares on the bottom right of the centre screen. This shows the options in smaller icon format.
  2. Press the Accounts icon
  3. Press the Add Profile option at the top right
  4. You will be prompted to enter the name
  5. Press Next
  6. You will be asked to sign in or add the InControl account for this proflie.
  7. Log in using your InControl username and password.
It all worked fine for me as a test just now.
Yes I've added the I-Pace to the Jaguar remote app - I can use all the features i.e. climate; door lock; charging etc. I've also tried to add a profile, but I just cant get past step 5 - there's no response when I press the 'NEXT' button. I've got a feeling its gonna be a dealer visit to sort it.

·
Registered
304 Posts
A google search on PiVi Pro profile issues brought up a few hits on the Range Rover forums. Some people suggested a factory rest of the system. Others suggested that their software asked to do an over the air update.

Check to see if you have any pending software updates and also try a factory reset.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A google search on PiVi Pro profile issues brought up a few hits on the Range Rover forums. Some people suggested a factory rest of the system. Others suggested that their software asked to do an over the air update.

Check to see if you have any pending software updates and also try a factory reset.
Thanks for your help ICDP_EV I'll try a reset in the morning.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Thanks I'll check the software version tomorrow and let you know. Other than setting up my InControl account which I have done I'm not quite sure what you mean as to whether the car is connected?
If the car does not have a 4g connection (bars showing alongside 4g in the car signal strength indicator in the top right corner of the Pivi pro screen) you won't be able to connect to your account.

You can also test connectivity by seeing for example if Spotify or the weather app works.

Some Pivi software versions were notoriously buggy and this specific problem of being unable to confirm profile happened to a few of us (myself included) and was only resolved after a software update, hence trying to rule that out by understanding your current Pivi version. If you search the forum there is quite a bit of reference to this issue at the time it occurred (i.e. the release that triggered it).

I don't think the configuration of the mobile app has any bearing on linking the car to the in control account (which can be created without any app). It's really about being able to log in, which you won't be able to if your car is not connected (e.g. bad signal or other issue) or if the software is somehow preventing connection (because it's a version known to have problems).

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
If the car does not have a 4g connection (bars showing alongside 4g in the car signal strength indicator in the top right corner of the Pivi pro screen) you won't be able to connect to your account.

You can also test connectivity by seeing for example if Spotify or the weather app works.

Some Pivi software versions were notoriously buggy and this specific problem of being unable to confirm profile happened to a few of us (myself included) and was only resolved after a software update, hence trying to rule that out by understanding your current Pivi version. If you search the forum there is quite a bit of reference to this issue at the time it occurred (i.e. the release that triggered it).

I don't think the configuration of the mobile app has any bearing on linking the car to the in control account (which can be created without any app). It's really about being able to log in, which you won't be able to if your car is not connected (e.g. bad signal or other issue) or if the software is somehow preventing connection (because it's a version known to have problems).
Hi electric beagle, the car definitely has connectivity by way of my home wireless and also the onboard sim, both showing a good connection.

I've taken a photo of the car's current software version but there's no indication of the TCU software version. Having said that, I've found it listed on the WattCat app under Vehicle details - TCU Software Version L8B2-70712-AX.

Do you think this could be what's causing the problem? I also tried a pivi pro reset (holding in the volume button) but that hasn't helped either.
Brown Font Gadget Material property Gas

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
From memory it was 2.1.8 that fixed this problem (we are now up to version 3.x).

Being connected to home wifi will not connect to your profile as I understand it, the car will only use wifi for software updates an not for any other purposes. You seem to be at least 3 version out of date and have a version that caused issues for others too. If you have a car connection via the onboard SIM though that suggests this is not the cause of your problem.

You can either wait for the software to update which should resolve your issue or have a dealer look at it.

The profile sign in doesn't add too much in all honesty beyond being able to use spotify etc. direct from the car rather than via your phone.

• Helpful
Reactions: SteveReeves

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Many thanks for your help, electric beagle. As you say, probably not worth the hassle of a dealer visit unless something more serious develops. I did read somewhere on here that older TCU software such as mine was the cause of peoples wireless info not being stored and having to constantly be re-entered. I don't appear to have that problem though.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Many thanks for your help, electric beagle. As you say, probably not worth the hassle of a dealer visit unless something more serious develops. I did read somewhere on here that older TCU software such as mine was the cause of peoples wireless info not being stored and having to constantly be re-entered. I don't appear to have that problem though.
I am not wholly sure this is true as in the early Pivi Software Versions many of us had issues with profiles constantly disappearing. These seemed to be largely resolved in the later Pivi software updates and from 3.0 onwards I find Pivi to be pretty stable.

Your software is quite a bit out of date (and you are missing great features like wireless android auto as a result), so hopefully you will have the updates pushed to improve quickly.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Cheers. So just to clarify, is it the pivi pro software (2.1.6B) that is causing the issues or the TCU software (L8B2-70712-AX) or both?

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Could be both but I would suspect the Pivi software

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had this issue earlier. took it to service and they did a “master reset”. Don’t know what that means, but that did the trick. I tried resetting multiple times prior to the service but that didnt work. i had the issue with the same software version 2.1.6b.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts