Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Marcel,

I read the article but I think that they will manage to start delivery in 2018.... JLR's production process should be capable to turn the 80/90% production ready current version into full production within 18 months.

Marc

·
Registered
18 Posts
Some norwegian reservation holders was visiting Geneva Autoshow together with some Norwegian dealer and they where told that Norway will get 1800 cars in Q2 2018 with the first deliveries in July/August. This was posted on a Norwegian forum so it is not official information. The president of one of the dealerships posted on Facebook that everyone that have made deposits in Norway (currently around 400 people) will get the car early Q2 since "Jaguar Land Rover are well aware of the special Norwegian EV market" (Edit: I meant second half of 2018 - not Q2. Sorry!)

·
Administrator
155 Posts
On the release date issue, the Jaguar press release said it will be out in 2018.

"The production version will be revealed in late 2017 and will hit the road in 2018"

and they also said this:

"Driving on the streets of London's famous Olympic Park, the electric performance SUV concept previews Jaguar's first electric vehicle, the Jaguar I-PACE, which will be revealed in late 2017 and will be on the road in the second half of 2018."

·
Registered
18 Posts
Marcel said:
Good news about the volumes for Norway. How special is the Norwegian market regarding EV?
The special thing about the Norwegian car market is that taxes on cars are really high and are based on the engine horse power, weight of car and emissions. This means that for a normal Volkswagen Passat the car tax could be € 15 000 and for a Jaguar F-Pace with 400 hp engine around € 40 000! For EV's they have removed all special car taxes and also exempted them from normal sales tax/VAT. In addition you don't pay road toll and can drive in the bus lanes. Electricity in Norway are made almost exclusively from hydro electric plants and reasonably priced compared to most other west European countries. All this adds up to the big success and adoption of electric cars in Norway.

More details in this article: http://elbil.no/norway-now-has-100000-electric-cars/

For the first three months of 2017 18% of ALL NEW CARS sold where purely electric. In addition to this comes all the hybrids. So yes - the Norwegian EV market is quite special. Opel Ampera e willfor example first be launched in Norway (first deliveries to customers this week I think) and later on in rest of Europe. http://media.opel.com/media/intl/en/opel/home.detail.html/content/Pages/news/intl/en/2016/opel/12-14-ampera-e-start-of-sales-europe-norway.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts