Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My I Pace charges normally on my home charger but when using High Speed (50kW or more) public chargers it usually takes many attempts and much frustration before it will charge.Sometimes I have had to give up and go elsewhere.
What usually happens is I get the white flashing light which just carries on flashing. I have tried to re-connect, pushed the connectors in and out , turned off pre-conditioning , moved to an adjacent charger. This is true of nearly all makes of charger I have tried EXCEPT InstaVolt which (thank goodness) worked first time every time and I must have used 30+ in various places. I now just navigate by InstaVolt locations!
Has this happened to others ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sounds stupid but try holding the CCS plug firmly into the charging port while the charger is doing its handshake. Sometimes the weight of the cable means the handshake fails as there is not a perfect connection.

Historically i think there has been some issues with very old rapid chargers and the ipace, like the original Charge Place Scotland ones. Most of the common chargers have been fine for me though. i do always hold the plug in for a few secs during handshake if it feels like it is sagging.

·
Registered
2021 HSE
54 Posts
Sometimes it's the chargers, not the car. Was at a rapid charger at a service station and I saw 2 electric cars ahead of me try it and leave very promptly saying it didn't work. Plugged it into mine and low and behold it wasn't working either (would just flash white on the iPace). Called the support number on the charger and they remotely restarted it. Worked fine after a restart, so was clearly the charger itself getting in a mess.

A lot of the older chargers can have issues like that so next time try calling their support number and see if they'll remotely restart their charger.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts