Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice to see some more video's show up after the recent test drives.

I know it has been topic of debate before, but right now these cars should be of production state right?

This video displays a range of 135km (84 miles) on 72% battery. That would make 188km (118 miles) on a full battery. I know that the estimated range is impacted by the driving style and the territory, but the ODO meter shows only 36km (22 miles). Could this car been fully charged and driven only 36km consuming 28% battery?? Someone forgot the handbrake I hope..

<TWITTER id="1000723296684576768" url="https://mobile.twitter.com/autoexpress/status/1000723296684576768"> </TWITTER>

Attachments

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
EV is like ICE car for consumption. If u drive very sportly u can use 2 or 3 times more energy as normal.
So with normal drive consumption should be around 20kw/100 km bit with heavy foot u can go up to 50.
So yes. i think its possible to only do less than 200km with a full charge.
EV car will learn u to adopt eco driving. believe me :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Most of the images seem to have come from track days where they were pushing the performance aspect.

My local dealer told me he was advised to ignore what he was seeing on range estimates as there is no value in the figures you see after nothing but back to back high-speed laps.

Once we see the reviews of normal street driving we'll have a better idea, but I suspect those will not be the first reviews after June 4th...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi,

Just a reminder that the iPace was driven for 200 miles on one charge recently:

"Ann Voyer from Pasadena, Calif., asked Jaguar if the I-PACE would have enough range to complete her favorite road trip along California's West Coast. To answer her question, Jaguar engineers took her on a long-distance range test - on one charge only. The I-PACE production prototype drove 200 miles from Los Angeles' Sunset Boulevard to Central California's Morro Bay on a single charge of its advanced Lithium-Ion battery."
( https://media.jaguar.com/en-us/news/2017/12/electric-road-trip-jaguar-i-pace-tested-los-angeles-ahead-2018-reveal )...but, just like any other vehicle (petrol/diesel/hybrid etc.) aggressive use lowers efficiency.

Cheers,

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have a couple of range images from the recent "Portugal" testing...

That would give 100% range of between 226-242 miles (369-391 KM).

The testing looks to be a mixture of track, normal and off-road.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all for clarifying! Just watched some other footage showing 291km (182 miles) @100%. I figure driving style will determine everything. l Guess we'll need to wait for the real-life reviews or even our own cars.

G

·
Don't forget that most reviewers will be hitting the car hard around a track or country lanes to push it hard, and just drive it for less than 100miles.

Only some Dedicated EV channels will do a full long range test - those are the ones to wait for.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
duncanrohan said:
I simply don't believe that top figure, even if you turned regen off I don't see how you could get the range so low. Maybe they just drove up a mountain?
Don't be surprised how extreme acceleration and racy drivestyle can drastically increase consumption.
I drive a 1.6L TDI greenline Skoda engine that according to the booklet should be able to do 32km per liter. On longer drives with lots of 100km cruisecontrol parts I get easily to 25-28 km per liter but when I sometimes drive pedal to the metal that fuel economy quickly drops to below 15km/l and sometimes even below 10km/l, driving 190km/h on German Autobahn also reduces it to approx 12km/l.

Last be advised that range will be cut easily by 20% when driving pure highway - not only because of higher speeds but also because there is zero regeneration as you tend to travel at constant speed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
OK, but I've got a 90S and I've never got the range below 210 and that is in the middle of winter (below zero for entire journey) and at motor way speeds +. In the model S motorways are fabulous for range because of the motors they selected, no regeneration but once you are at speed the cruising (below 80) is quite efficient. I believe JLR went for a different kind of motor which might be better around town?

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Ipace motors are 97% efficient and u can chose if how u want to regen. The only thing os the better cx of the model S.
So the range should a bit less on Ipace at high speed but not that much, so around 200 miles in worst situation like highway in winter (without driving sport way).
Have to wait to be confirmed by real tests.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
See below range table from Tesla website for Model S 75D with 19" wheels. That really shows how higher speeds really reduce range and that table excludes impact of sporty drive style (fast acceleration and braking).

Font Parallel Number Screenshot Rectangle

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi,

"Real Energy Consumption between 235 - 485 Wh/mi

City - Cold Weather 340 Wh/mi
Highway - Cold Weather 485 Wh/mi
Combined - Cold Weather 400 Wh/mi

City - Mild Weather 235 Wh/mi
Highway - Mild Weather 375 Wh/mi
Combined - Mild Weather 300 Wh/mi

Indication of real-world energy use in several situations. Cold weather: 'worst-case' based on -10°C and use of heating. Mild weather: 'best-case' based on 23°C and no use of A/C. The energy use will depend on speed, style of driving, climate and route conditions."

Cheers,

PS Effective battery is 85KWh so range (miles) may vary from 85/.485 (175) to 85/.235 (362)

·
Registered
14 Posts
zee said:
So I was thinking, see these range figures calculated based on just having the driver? If so then the range would be considerably less if you had all 5 seats taken right?
That will have a significant impact imho. But all range tests (ice or electric) are measured with just the driver afaik.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Why "significantly" affected?

The car is heavy already, adding 4 people doesn't change the mass much. It doesn't change the aerodynamics.

Once the extra mass is accelerated what is different?

Would it make even as much as 5% difference in range?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts