Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, loads of these before , but I am more interested in real world motorway range at circa 80MPH .
I have 4 trips a year which will be 300 miles each way , from Newcastle to Surrey. I want to plan where I fill up on the M1.

What range are people getting ( May - July weather ) with a steady cruise at circa 80mph. .....200 miles ?

cheers
Guy

·
Registered
852 Posts
I can tell you that at a steady cruise set of 136 km/h (84.5 mph) you can drive for about 315 km (197 miles). Real range is less, as even starting your trip at 100% SOC, you can't afford to go down to 0%. Let's say that if you are sure about the charger avaialbility you can drive for 290/300 km.
At 80 MPH you can get probably some 5% more.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Preconditioned and with dry calm weather, I can reliably get 240 miles in Eco going between 74 and 80 MPH depending on traffic and if I don't use cruise control. Aim to keep your average consumption at or below 38 kWh/100 miles to get that range on a healthy pack. I've gotten down to 36 kWh/100 miles at those speeds with a little tail wind and good drafting opportunities. I'm running 20 inch wheels on the stock Goodyears inflated to 40 psi.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
190 or so at speeds I would consider remotely normal rather than excessive in an ICE car. Which may or may not be beyond the range you say but consistently below 90 MPH.

·
Registered
876 Posts
If you stick to 70 you should get 220mls if temperature is 20-25C. Higher as well as lower temperatures will reduce that, as will rain.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Indicated 80mph seems to be approx 76 mph reallife. With tyres that have done over 10k miles, probably knock off another 1 mph.

You all seem to get better distances/ranges than me but I have 22" wheels. Above 75 mph indicated my range decreases.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Indicated 80mph seems to be approx 76 mph reallife. With tyres that have done over 10k miles, probably knock off another 1 mph.

You all seem to get better distances/ranges than me but I have 22" wheels. Above 75 mph indicated my range decreases.
I have found it doesn't drop off as dramatically as you might expect and that weirdly battery performance seems better if you really hammer it rather than stick at around 80MPH.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I loose 20% due to speed or other onboard loads..SOC 220ml, repeated mostly fast journey 120ml, remaining 60ml.

The problem is then a charge time at 50kw or thereabouts of 1 hour just to get another 100ml. Then repeat it. So the average speed on a motorway drops fdrom 80mph to 44 mph if the charge time os taken into account!

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I loose 20% due to speed or other onboard loads..SOC 220ml, repeated mostly fast journey 120ml, remaining 60ml.

The problem is then a charge time at 50kw or thereabouts of 1 hour just to get another 100ml. Then repeat it. So the average speed on a motorway drops fdrom 80mph to 44 mph if the charge time os taken into account!
I find that if you need to stop and can plug in for a loo break, catch up email etc. I can normally reliably add circa 10-11Kwh which frees me from feeling that I need to stay slow.

Yesterday I drove home from Bath which was just over 5 hours of travel and a 15 mom stop where I added 11 kWh. Ultimately I really didn't need the extra charge but I did need to stop and it freed me then to drive on from the stopping point at more of the speed I would do in an ICE car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts