Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a long trip in bad weather and the one thing I found most irritating was the poor view through the mirror/back window . Why on earth have they disabled the backward facing camera when driving? It cannot be for security reasons, since a glance at the center screen would pose no more of a risk than lookin in the mirror.
The rear camera would be a perfect substitution for dark an close to useless mirror. I've driven a Tesla model S for four years and used the rear camera as "mirror" every day. JLR should definitely fix this.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
sjur said:
I took a long trip in bad weather and the one thing I found most irritating was the poor view through the mirror/back window . Why on earth have they disabled the backward facing camera when driving? It cannot be for security reasons, since a glance at the center screen would pose no more of a risk than lookin in the mirror.
The rear camera would be a perfect substitution for dark an close to useless mirror. I've driven a Tesla model S for four years and used the rear camera as "mirror" every day. JLR should definitely fix this.
That indeed is odd, only reason I can think off is that in some countries it might not be allowed. Similar that some countries do not allow autopilot and/or the side mirrors being replaced by cameras.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Jelle v/d Meer said:
sjur said:
That indeed is odd, only reason I can think off is that in some countries it might not be allowed. Similar that some countries do not allow autopilot and/or the side mirrors being replaced by cameras.
I know people have in the past been pulled over in the UK for using permanent reverse view cameras in Motorhomes but then successfully pointed out they are Driver Aids which is apparently allowed under UK law. Not sure what the laws in other regions are though.

I do think this is a real shame that it is not available .

·
Registered
755 Posts
Shouldn't be more than a SW-update away.
Hopefully JLR will listen to us I-Pace owners and bring more features

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Yes will be great if they implement this feature.
They claimed that their was no need of a rear wiper but it seems to be not that true whit heavy rain. So at least they could activate the rear cam even when driving forward at any speed. Actually it only activate when u go backward.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Tophe74 said:
Yes will be great if they implement this feature.
They claimed that their was no need of a rear wiper but it seems to be not that true whit heavy rain. So at least they could activate the rear cam even when driving forward at any speed. Actually it only activate when u go backward.
That's what they claim, and also that the wind clears the rear screen, but I did wonder what happens at low speed when you don't have the wind rushing over the screen?

G

·
ChrisMc said:
That's what they claim, and also that the wind clears the rear screen, but I did wonder what happens at low speed when you don't have the wind rushing over the screen?
It gets dirty!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Safety oriented Volvo turns of reversing camera when going forward. And to be honest, that camera doesn't substitute morrows, it's as the name says, reversing camera.

·
Registered
133 Posts
ChrisMc said:
Hey, you're not supposed to drive your Jaguar at low speed. :D

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
lvrmsc said:
ChrisMc said:
Hey, you're not supposed to drive your Jaguar at low speed. :D
Ah right :lol: got it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts