Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner

Rear Mounted Cycle Kit Issue

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  mclarenpaul 
#1 ·
Hi there,

Need some help on my rear mounted Cycle kit for my ipace. Have installed and used a couple of times and only putting 2 adult bikes under the weight limit. yet when going seems to lean outwards due to the holding bar design. i have tighted this as much as i physically can but seems still to lean outwards.

Any tips?

Cheers
M

#3 ·
Good Morning Mr French,

Thank you for your post.

I would like to raise your query with our Technical Team, and provide any helpful information that may be available.

Please may I request that you send me a PM, with some clear images of your concern and I will be happy to investigate further.

Many Thanks,

Dan - Jaguar UK

#4 ·
Hi Mr French,

The reason the bikes are leaning away from the car is that the upright bar has not been pushed down firmly in the upright position prior to tightening the bar in place. When you insatall the rack and raise the bike support bar up, you have to push it down firmly in the upright position before locking it off. If you don't, just tightening the wheels is not sufficient to support the weight of the bikes and so they will lean away from the car.

Also, be warned, if your car is fitted with rear tailgate sensors then before you load the bikes or plug in the 13 pin socket, make sure you lean the bike rack away from the vehicle. I have fallen foul of this design flaw as when you try and plug in the 13pin comnnector into the car, you risk the tailgate opening (which in my case scratched the paintwork on the tailgate, as my bikse were on the rack in the upright position). I think the bike rack should have a label on it to warn people about this risk. I contacted Jaguar to inform them of my finding but the reply I got back was there was nothing they could do. Given that a label would solve the problem (and a warning in the handbook as well would be good), sadly Jaguar do not seem that bothered about vehicles being scratched. I hope you find this helpful.

best wishes,

David

#5 ·
MFrench

As David H said, the vertical bar fits in 2 holes and needs to be pushed into it to lock. There are 2 round handles on bolts that you need to first loosen then lift up and push down to out in place, then you tighten the same handles to secure it. It's really not obvious. I did the same the first time I used the rack and then figured it out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.