Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, does anyone else get a lot of rattling from the case of their rear view mirror? Mine rattles/vibrates like crazy. If I grab the mirror as if I'm goin to adjust it and put pressure on the rear cover of it, the noise stops.

I just need to figure out a way of keeping it permanently quiet I guess, as it's quite a prominent noise, especially given the position of the noise! :roll:

·
Registered
502 Posts
Is the plastic cover behind the mirror that clips on the windscreen over the sensors clipped on properly? Maybe give a gentle bash with your fist all around the edges?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Have you routed dashcam wiring through it ?
If so it might not have been completely snapped back in place.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had this for a while, but got rid of it by knocking on the case a few times (just using my fist, no tools involved). It seems like either the case wasn't attached properly or something inside had come loose, but it hasn't come back since I "fixed" it.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No dashcam fitted, and I initially thought it was the bigger plastic piece fixed more to the windscreen, but actually it seems to be the rear plastic cover of the mirror itself.

Maybe I'll have a bash around at some point.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Mine makes a noise too. Certain surfaces cause a vibration. I'm not sure if its the plastic cover immediately behind the mirror that sticks down from the sensor cover, or whether it is the sensor cover or the metal vent within it, or all of it, bit I get an annoying vibration from that area from time to time. Did you get to the bottom of this?

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, my car developed a leak around the windscreen, soaking the carpets. After some issues with Jaguar's poor fixes and making a mess of my car, I rejected the vehicle entirely and bought a Tesla. Sorry I couldn't be more help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts