Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When driving the car from full charge the regen braking is limited to its low setting. After 20min or so of driving it switches back to full region. I don't think it should do this. Has anyone notice similar?

Thanks.

AMb

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
If your battery is full then it's normal because their is no more room to put energy inside. That's why I charge to 80% max when I don't plan to do a long trip

·
Registered
128 Posts
This is designed behaviour, below is what the Owner Information Manual says:
The maximum level of regenerated energy may be temporarily reduced in certain events. For example, when the high voltage battery is fully charged or when driving the vehicle in very high or low ambient temperatures. Any reduction in regenerative braking capability is indicated in the power gauge as a derate marker.

·
Registered
243 Posts
AndyMb said:
When driving the car from full charge the regen braking is limited to its low setting. After 20min or so of driving it switches back to full region. I don't think it should do this. Has anyone notice similar?
Isn't this to be expected? If the battery is full or able to accept charge at only a low rate (as will be the case if close to 100% SoC) then where is the regen charge meant to go? I guess the compromise is that low regen is acceptable while high regen isn't, until the SoC reduces somewhat.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Tophe74 said:
If your battery is full then it's normal because their is no more room to put energy inside. That's why I charge to 80% max when I don't plan to do a long trip
How do you manage to stop at 80%? Do you constantly check the app and unplugg your car at 80% in the middle of the night?
I suppose charging to 100% is no problem since Jaguar dont have any option to stop charging at a certain SOC.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
FENorway said:
Tophe74 said:
How do you manage to stop at 80%? Do you constantly check the app and unplugg your car at 80% in the middle of the night?
I suppose charging to 100% is no problem since Jaguar dont have any option to stop charging at a certain SOC.
Via the App you can set charging times - after a few times you know how fast you charge at home so you should be able to approx set the timing to stop at desired SoC %. For example battery is 40% and % charge per hour is 8% than charger should stop after 5 hours.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Jelle v/d Meer said:
FENorway said:
Tophe74 said:
Via the App you can set charging times - after a few times you know how fast you charge at home so you should be able to approx set the timing to stop at desired SoC %. For example battery is 40% and % charge per hour is 8% than charger should stop after 5 hours.
Did you manage to make that work in the app?? I did not and there is another threat on this forum we others also claimed having problems with this function in the app. In my case, the simple ignores the settings in the app

·
Registered
373 Posts
SteveA said:
This is designed behaviour, below is what the Owner Information Manual says:
The maximum level of regenerated energy may be temporarily reduced in certain events. For example, when the high voltage battery is fully charged or when driving the vehicle in very high or low ambient temperatures. Any reduction in regenerative braking capability is indicated in the power gauge as a derate marker.
It's the same on my i3

1 - 9 of 9 Posts