Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed any changes in the degree of regenerative during the time you had the car?

I had my I-Pace for 3 weeks now. I feel the effectiveness of regenerative braking has decreased over the last. During the first 10 days, I was able to do single pedal driving, even at highway speeds. Over the last week, I have felt that the effectiveness has decreased and I don't feel as comfortable with single pedal driving.

I am not sure it is a subjective thing since I was initially driving slowly as I was trying to get used to driving an EV. Please let me know if anyone had similar experiences.

I tried looking up in EV forums from other brands but I did not have much luck so far.

In any case I am going to go the Jaguar North American HQ in the next few days. I live in Princeton, NJ and the NA HQ is in northern New Jersey. My Jaguar dealer knows less than me and I do not blame them because it is an entirely new kind of technology for them.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Totally normal, all EV's are the same. You can't have regen if the electrons have nowhere to go! Also if your battery is cold, your regen will be far less.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update: Problem identified in the ABS module - Replaced. Regenerative braking is also back to normal. I was not getting as much regenerative braking, making single pedal driving, difficult.
ASPC, Drive mode selector, Height selector and Traction control working.
Cost: 846$. Paid: 0$.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Had mine for about 2 weeks now. Went out today and found the same. The high regeneration that I was used to had dropped off substantially. Who diagnosed yours as a fault as opposed to what the other forum members said about all EV regeneration.
Thanks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
This self corrected after I driven a few miles. Looks like it may have a connection with the charge level. Although I have started before with 100% charge and it was working at full regeneration level.

·
Registered
297 Posts
There is a green line on your Power Meter on the regen side. It only appears when your regen is limited. Normally, this line vanishes by the time you reach 90% SOC. If you never charge past 85% SOC, you probably have never even seen it.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Hfdid said:
This self corrected after I driven a few miles. Looks like it may have a connection with the charge level. Although I have started before with 100% charge and it was working at full regeneration level.
No it definitely wasn't. Full regen is only available below about 90%. At 100% SOC you get almost zero regen.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Goshdarnit said:
Hfdid said:
No it definitely wasn't. Full regen is only available below about 90%. At 100% SOC you get almost zero regen.
Yep, look at the green line just to the left of centre, this is the limit on Regen Braking with a full battery. This will gradually move around anti-clockwise to about the 10:30 position as your SoC reduces to 90%. At 90% and below it is gone.

The smaller white tick at about 7 o'clock is maximum regen which is available below 90% SoC.

Speedometer Vehicle Gauge Plant Measuring instrument

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts