Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
I-Pace HSE
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening!

I’m looking at potentially moving from an F-Pace to a battery powered car this year.

I’ve taken an I-Pace out for a drive, very nice but quite expensive in SE/HSE spec + some extras, compared to others like the EQC, id4, Ioniq5, Mach-e (for example).

However one of my friends who’s company runs a small fleet of them is constantly moaning about their reliability and time spent back in the dealers.

I’ve also got a colleague with one and she loves it.

Just wondering what the general consensus is on their reliability after 4+ years in the market..

Thanks in advance!
Rog

·
Registered
59 Posts
It depends...My experience (a sample of one only) is that JLR take about a year at least to iron out the many software bugs that cause black screens, 12v battery glitches and so on. As the owner of a near 3 year old MY19 I am happy to have a very reliable car - now, after many iterations of software. Hardware wise, I have not had issues. Each model year seems to have a different cluster of problems to iron out, e.g. PiviPro is going through lots of bug fixes. Bottom line: Great car if you have a responsive dealer/service centre at hand and keep the car under warranty and then extended warranty for some peace of mind.

Reactions: RogN and elbocko

·
Registered
165 Posts
Likewise, I've had mine for almost three years and 40,000 miles with very few problems. I've just ordered a replacement and in view of the complexity of the vehicle I would definitely have extended the warranty if I wasn't replacing it.

·
Registered
211 Posts
No issues here, great car. Agree on the warranty point above though, these things are scarily complex and expensive if/when something goes wrong...

Reactions: RogN

·
Registered
46 Posts
No issues(aside from the odd software related quirks) once the software on the Infotainment system got to a reasonable point. it's a bit like having Windows 98 - every now and again you need to reboot and the problem goes away for a while. Everything else on the car has been flawless so far. i.e. No build issues.

You do need to ensure that your local dealer actually understands an I-Pace. if they have no skills and you hit an issue then you are going to wait, and wait, and wait.... I think the same is true for all ICE to EV manufacturers.

·
Registered
79 Posts
There are so many CPU and memory dependent systems on these cars, as well as API calls between the dozens of such systems, that you are going to get memory leaks, crashes and bugs,.

·
Registered
876 Posts
First point , compare like with like, either. You want a Jag or a Merc, or you want a Huyundai or a Ford or indeed a Tesla M3. If all you want is an EV buy a Chinese MG.
On one hand the EQC and the Audi charge faster, the range is shorter than the IPace. The Taycan is probably the best if you can afford to get the equal spec.

Reactions: RogN

·
Registered
2018 HSE Silicon Silver with the F-Type interior
90 Posts
The EV6 GT AWD (2022) has remarkably similar specs and design to the ipace HSE (2018). Ask yourself : do you want to drive a KIA or a Jaguar 😁

·
Registered
12 Posts
Everybody's experience is different but JLR reliability is patchy at best

My car has been flat bedded to the dealer 6 times in 2 years
Bought 1 year old Jag approved FSH: First Edition
Nearly all were charging issues
Front wiring loom replaced
Charge port replaced x 2
Battery charge modules both replaced
Front boot leaking
Air con broken down twice
Boot struts failing about to be replaced
12 V battery failure: not covered by extended warranty

It is a fantastic car to drive, beautiful to look at, build quality seems good and v comfortable (premium seats) which is important when you wait 6 hours for a breakdown truck!:) Reliability mmmm?
Range 22" wheels <200 winter, 220 at best summer
Range 20" wheels 240 winter >250 summer

The last time I was in the garage (December) there were 16 iPaces in for problems.You ABSOLUTELY MUST have a warranty

I have test driven KIA EV6 AWD: looks gorgeous (mix ipace and DBX). Inside v pleasant, seats not as comfortable: charging more secure/quicker: a bit slower (5.2 0-60)
7 year warranty: wish Jag had this!
resale values lower

I intend to keep mine for about 1 year and then buy the 690 BHP Kia in 2022: I will tell my wife its a sensible car......

BW

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have had mine since early 2019. I have had one issue which required it to be in the dealership for a week. Bar that I think this is the greatest car I have ever owned. I have now tried all the new EV's and I don't believe any of them work as well as the iPace as an all rounder. The only freaking issue I have is charging points. This stupid country needs to sort it out. AND now my charger at home isn't working so I'm currently trying to find a solution! I have the iPace and my wife the VW ID3. She is a midwife and right now we both have very little charge and need to go to work in the morning! The joys of going electric :ROFLMAO::mad:

·
Registered
312 Posts
In a bit over two years of ownership and 51.000 km the I-Pace has been a very dependable car.
Only issue I've had was that about two months ago the front windshield developed a small leak. I had it checked and it was fixed under warranty. Took the dealership one day to check and confirm my findings and one day to fix it.
Other than that, no issues at all with the car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had a new iD4 for a couple of months but changed it for a 2019 iPace because I found the iD4 too sensible (boring) for me and the ambiance and performance of the iD4 are not in the same league. The iD4 has issues, particularly with the entertainment / control system and the touch screen / heater controls are dreadful. It had a recurrent problem connecting itself to the internet and the only screen would be letting me know for 2 minutes every start up. Dealer couldn't fix it and VW customer services are completely disinterested. I have had several JLR before including a 2019 Evoque which also had the pop out door handles and they failed 3 times. That's why I am pleased that the iPace comes with an additional 2 yrs warranty. So in short, or long as it turns out, I fully agree with comments above, new models can have bugs, I don't personally find JLR worse than any other makes (had 8 different JLR cars over the last 15 years) and warranties are a high priority!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Had my I Pace for two and a quarter years, initially quite a few software bugs that the dealership sorted out after a few visits but since then it’s been totally reliable. Ordered a replacement one in December. Go for it, get one, it’s such a nice car to drive you can forgive it its odd problem.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.