Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been mentioned previously but I can't see it anywhere, so I'm probably having a senior moment.
How do you remain in the vehicle whilst DC charging.
When hooking up to DC the car almost locks immediately, if you unlock it to remain inside you are interrupting the charge process which
on DC means you have to start the process again unlike AC charge.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
123rwilson said:
I know this has been mentioned previously but I can't see it anywhere, so I'm probably having a senior moment.
How do you remain in the vehicle whilst DC charging.
When hooking up to DC the car almost locks immediately, if you unlock it to remain inside you are interrupting the charge process which
on DC means you have to start the process again unlike AC charge.
I have no problems with this - both AC and DC charging my door stays open and I can enter the car. I can lock the car and then open the car using the car handle (not the key) to get back into the car with charging proceeding. You can also open the boot/trunk without disrupting the charging.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's probably where I've been going wrong, I've been using the key to return to the car ! I'll try that
Thanks for the swift reply

·
Registered
133 Posts
123rwilson said:
That's probably where I've been going wrong, I've been using the key to return to the car ! I'll try that
Thanks for the swift reply
And unlocking with the key also unlocks the cable, which implies interrupting the charge, this explains that. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good point, you've obviously been doing you homework.
Thanks again

Enjoy it when it arrives.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Should be a matter of 2 weeks and I should be fixed about it before this week ends.
Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts