Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Here is my latest info. Installed the old app, available via Google Play for android (don't know about apple) and logged in using same logon details and it works like it should. Shows vehicle location plus all the other stuff. Running both apps on my android phone. At least you can find your car should you forget where you left it! Hopefully they will fix the 'new' app asap. It does say support for the old app ends 19 July 22.
Yes, I've just done the same, downloaded the old version and that one works perfectly and knows where the car is. Presumably Jaguar will sort the problem on the newer version fairly soon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes, I've just done the same, downloaded the old version and that one works perfectly and knows where the car is. Presumably Jaguar will sort the problem on the newer version fairly soon.
Could you please share some details about "old version"?
On my S9 phone, I was able to install 1.90.0 version (not sure how).
Do you know any manual switch between Jaguar Remote versions?

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
The latest V1 version prompts you to download the new version when you start it, and you have to dismiss the message to get into the app. There's no "don't tell me this again" option which is annoying. It also says v1 will not be supported beyond 19th July, which is also annoying since I think the V1 version has a much better UI than the v2 one, which seems needlessly complicated compared to v1.

·
Registered
I-Pace MY22 HSE Portofino blue, Black wheels.
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Search for jaguar incontrol apps in Google play store. It's version 1.90.0 install it and avoid doing the update to the new version. You might have to stop auto update. Also it appears not to have Guardian mode but you can do that on V2 latest version which is why I left it on my phone ( OnePlus 7+ a great phone, half price of iPhone and Sammy).
Just been playing with it(V1) and all it does is tell you where your car is and journeys. Tried unlock to no avail. Had to do all the other stuff on V2. Better than nothing.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Could you please share some details about "old version"?
On my S9 phone, I was able to install 1.90.0 version (not sure how).
Do you know any manual switch between Jaguar Remote versions?
It's as SCM says. 1.90.0 is what it says on my old version. I've got both installed, the old version is the one on the left.
Font Red Gadget Screenshot Electronic device

·
Registered
6 Posts
I changed my password/pin on V2.10.1 last night. Logged back in and now it says "Your vehicle could not be located". Definitely not a hardware/config issue, as nothing else changed.

App still tracked my trip correctly a few minutes later, so use "JOURNEYS" if you forget where you left it!

I took my 2022 MY to the dealer for a related problem earlier this year, but they assured me the vehicle tracker is independent of the Jaguar Remote system. Still worth logging the issue, in case your car gets stolen and insurance refuse to pay out.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I have linked this conversation to Jaguar Customer Relations. Don't know if it will help! Watch this space (or theirs)

·
Registered
27 Posts
The app for me is constantly reporting car unlocked even though it is not, however the MyPace app is reporting the correct status when locked and unlocked.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Mine also. But it eventually gives correct information after about 5mins if you wipe downward on the screen, sluggish to say the least.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Looks by like the Jag Servers are down again, unable to connect for 2 days. This is why you should never rely on using the Phone to unlock or stop charging.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts