Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took devivery of my FE, today is it possible to turn off the beeping when in reverse?

If no I will have to find the sounder and disconnect it as it is far too loud.

PS I must say the power consumption is rather high, more that 130wpm more that my Tesla 100D.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have only ever heard it from inside the car, where to me, it doesn't sound like it would be all that loud outside. I imagine it as sounding fairly gentle; at least as compared to your average truck!

Even if it is a bit loud, given that at reversing speed there is no other sound from the car, is it really especially undesirable? Safety first surely?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mikew said:
I have only ever heard it from inside the car, where to me, it doesn't sound like it would be all that loud outside. I imagine it as sounding fairly gentle; at least as compared to your average truck!

Even if it is a bit loud, given that at reversing speed there is no other sound from the car, is it really especially undesirable? Safety first surely?
I take your point re safety, but there are plenty of ICE automatics that are near silent at tick over / creep speed.

Outside the car is is too noisy in my cul de sac as it bounces off all the buildings, I will give it some time, guess I am just too used to the silence of my Tesla.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Arcam said:
I took devivery of my FE, today is it possible to turn off the beeping when in reverse?

PS I must say the power consumption is rather high, more that 130wpm more that my Tesla 100D.
You will not be able to turn it off because Jaguar are voluntarily complying with an EU directive that becomes mandatory from July 2019 for EVs to have an Acoustic Vehicle Alerting System that operates below a defined speed which I think is 12mph.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
POR991 said:
Arcam said:

You will not be able to turn it off because Jaguar are voluntarily complying with an EU directive that becomes mandatory from July 2019 for EVs to have an Acoustic Vehicle Alerting System that operates below a defined speed which I think is 12mph.
In am sure the sounder has a plug on it to connect to the loom 😀

·
Registered
26 Posts
Arcam said:
POR991 said:
Arcam said:

In am sure the sounder has a plug on it to connect to the loom 😀
Or you just drive faster😀

·
Registered
143 Posts
I will have the same issue. I live at the head of a cul-de-sac and have to reverse quite a way down my drive and carefully due to width restrictions . If I come home late at night it would be extremely useful to knock the sounder off. I expect the soft rumble of my current diesel Evoque might be preferable to my neighbours than BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

Something simple like press and hold the Reverse button or press it 3 times to mute the BEEP would be really useful and hopefully easy to impliment..

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DaveR said:
I will have the same issue. I live at the head of a cul-de-sac and have to reverse quite a way down my drive and carefully due to width restrictions . If I come home late at night it would be extremely useful to knock the sounder off. I expect the soft rumble of my current diesel Evoque might be preferable to my neighbours than BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

Something simple like press and hold the Reverse button or press it 3 times to mute the BEEP would be really useful and hopefully easy to impliment..
That would be great, I was so embarrassed last night after collection, my neighbours curtains were twitching!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Having nearly reversed over a lady in our i3 I'm glad for the beeps on our i-pace that arrived today, they're quote subtle.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Realise the situationd where you want to reverse quietly are rare but it would still be very useful to be able to turn them off if required... no BEEP will sound subtle or not that loud echoing around the houses at the head of a cul-de-sac at 2 or 3 in the morning..

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
DaveR said:
Realise the situationd where you want to reverse quietly are rare but it would still be very useful to be able to turn them off if required... no BEEP will sound subtle or not that loud echoing around the houses at the head of a cul-de-sac at 2 or 3 in the morning..
This ^^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I spoke to my dealer today who will ask to see if they can be turned down/off, I will report back.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Today I saw another I-pace for the first time and indeed the reverse beep is louder than it needs to be if you ask me. You can hear it from inside the car pretty well.
Also I heard the surround sound as well which is very soft - but it also should be as it only serves to make people aware a car is passing.

·
Registered
233 Posts
A friend of mine who has a demo FE i-Pace this weekend as a loan car before his own FE can be deliverd (its license plates got lost just before delivery...) drove by our house today to show it to me. When the i-Pace reversed I heard the Reversing Beeps but these were very subtle to hear, not disturbing at all. Maybe this car has a newer version of software with a new sound for the Reversing Beeps?

·
Registered
224 Posts
MartijnEV said:
A friend of mine who has a demo FE i-Pace this weekend as a loan car before his own FE can be deliverd (its license plates got lost just before delivery...) drove by our house today to show it to me. When the i-Pace reversed I heard the Reversing Beeps but these were very subtle to hear, not disturbing at all. Maybe this car has a newer version of aoftware with a new sound for the Reversing Beeps?
We have 14.2, the beeps are very subtle, I'd rather that then someone doesn't hear us and gets bumped.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Add me to the list of people who want the ability to disable this reverse beeping sound.
My driveway is immediately adjacent to my neighbor's house and I do not like bothering them with things lie this.
Meanwhile, I plan to work with my dealer to see if I can just cut the wire to it or something. Will let you know if I am successful.

·
Registered
2 Posts
To me, the sound is too loud in the night. In day-time it is ok. I need to back up the car on my driveway to charge it. Nissan Leaf has a button to temporarely disable the sound. Should not be difficult to implement this feature, I suppose.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts