Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the forum users has reported a lag in the reversing camera of up to 1 second. Has anyone experienced this? Picking up my car in 8 days, so would be useful to know....

·
Registered
755 Posts
mclarenpaul said:
One of the forum users has reported a lag in the reversing camera of up to 1 second. Has anyone experienced this? Picking up my car in 8 days, so would be useful to know....
You can see from this poll. Only 19 out of almost 80 dont experience any lag

Attachments

·
Registered
210 Posts
Yup. Unfortunately, I have the same issue. Today I near bumped into the neighbors car towbar. Just realized on time that there was a lag. Just nearly missed is (Say 2-3 cm's...)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
is the lag before the camera starts, or is there a lag in terms of the picture on the screen compared to where the car actually is? Also, is it the same lag for the beeps?

·
Registered
126 Posts
FENorway said:
(...)

You can see from this poll. Only 19 out of almost 80 dont experience any lag
You do realize that is nearly 24%. Luckily this poll is not representative, otherwise it would be a really dramatic result.

Hopefully it is solvable with softwareupdate.

·
Registered
74 Posts
mclarenpaul said:
is the lag before the camera starts, or is there a lag in terms of the picture on the screen compared to where the car actually is? Also, is it the same lag for the beeps?
It's lag of the picture on the screen vs reality. Havent noticed it for the beeps.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
fox_nl said:
mclarenpaul said:
It's lag of the picture on the screen vs reality. Havent noticed it for the beeps.
That's pretty unforgiveable. I have a range rover sport and there's no lag. Before I had an XF with no lag. Anyone any experience with the other current Jags?

·
Registered
210 Posts
mclarenpaul said:
fox_nl said:
mclarenpaul said:
That's pretty unforgiveable. I have a range rover sport and there's no lag. Before I had an XF with no lag. Anyone any experience with the other current Jags?
The dealer handed me an E-pace the other day as a loaner. When I fired it up am systems were immediately awake! If I "fire " up my I-pace, it really takes a long time (in the morning my patience is even less so it looks like it takes forever 😀)
Joking aside, the whole infotainment system including the camera and the beebs are a bit of a disappointment uptil now. I would expect more from jaguar and every other 90k costing car. I really (really) love my car but I did tell my dealer that these issues should be fixed. If I am brutally honest, this system is unacceptable in 2018.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.