Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was informed by my dealer last week, that there is a recall on the door seals, some of which have been letting water into the cabin resulting in a total redesign. Mine is returning to the dealers next week for a repair to the suspension/half shaft (see other post Suspension Knock) and will have new door seals fitted.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am looking at replacing my Porsche Macan GTS with an iPace, I have had a 30 mile test drive and have a 2 day extended drive next week however, after reading on this forum about recalls for the drive shaft problem and door seals I do wonder if Jaguar have rushed this car into production without fully testing and proper QA in order to gain market share before Audi's e Tron and Mercedes EQC are available. I experienced terrible poor quality with a Jaguar S Type V8 back in 2000 with all sorts of problems including leaking door seals, I gave up after 18 months and swapped it for an XJR V8 which I thought, being a mature product, would be better, unfortunately it wasn't so that was my last Jaguar and thinking I would never again buy another Jaguar based on the poor quality I experienced of both the S Type and the XJR.

If Porsche had an electric Macan now I would be ordering it, but that's 3 years away and the iPace has arrived on the scene and it ticks all the boxes for a compact Electric SUV but to beat the current Macan the iPace is going to have to be an exceptional car in every aspect which I hope it will be as it really does offer a compelling cost of ownership so fingers crossed for a good experience next week.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I understand your concerns, however, despite the issues I am over the moon with the car. I have had several JLR products over the years and I have to say I have always had some issue or other with one of the vehicles. I have come to expect it (not that you should really!)
With the ipace I knew to expect problems, mine is one of the early ones and very few are on the road. Overall the car is fantastic and I am pleased with my choice despite the issues, but each to their own.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Having had an i-Pace First Edition on order, which I cancelled 2 weeks ago, I sympathise with you Por991. I spent last weekend driving the i-Pace around the roads of Delamere and Oulton Park circuit, and had a mighty good time too. However, the road drive car had several rattles from the rear and the panels were not brilliantly aligned. I too get the feeling that the model has been rushed to market.

I have no doubt that in the next couple of years, it'll mature into a brilliantly finished model which will be at least as good and probably much better than the rivals from Audi and Mercedes, but at the moment, there's too much doubt over the car and residuals are not forecast to be good either, as it's a generation 1 product. It's a very real possibility that your i-Pace will lose an average of £15k a year for the first 3 years.

I am sticking with my F-Pace for the time being and will watch the electrification of the Jaguar range with interest. I've already been told by a Jaguar insider that there will be both a hybrid and a full electric F-Pace in the near future, so I may not have to downsize into an i-Pace after all.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I have had my car for 5 weeks & extremely glad to report that had absolutely no issues at all.
Obviously very disappointed for people with issues & hope for JLR sake it only effects very few cars.
Was always told that should never buy anything which is being released for the first time, be it a mobile/cell phone to a car! This is my second punt at a car. Previous being an i8. being lucky on both counts. Thank you Lord.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks for all your replies.
If I do go for one it will be on a PCP so that Jaguar can take the hit on depreciation, the current GFV quotes are quite optimistic so rather than risk it that's my plan.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.