Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m struggling with my sat nav — it may be something f I’m doing wrong but bought I’d ask on here in case it’s not just me and someone knows!
The ^ sign seems to work fine when I get in the car but the second I do something else or stop and restart the whole thing just freezes up and I can’t get back onto the sat nav at all.
Keep pressing the nav button both on the side and on the main screen and no response at all?
Any ideas?

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you've got a pivi pro equipped cat on the latest 3.0.0 version, this is a rather common problem. It also happens to many others. I've seen posts that a manual map update (USB) could solve the problem, unfortunately it didn't work for me.

So fingers crossed for an update soon.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Does this problem happen with no phone connected (i.e. getting in the car with no phone or turning it off)?

The only Nav change in Pivi 3 was the move to default to a connected device. If that connection is not working as it should this hanging behaviour could result, would be good to understand if this happens even without a device being present (whether plugged in or wireless).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does this problem happen with no phone connected (i.e. getting in the car with no phone or turning it off)?

The only Nav change in Pivi 3 was the move to default to a connected device. If that connection is not working as it should this hanging behaviour could result, would be good to understand if this happens even without a device being present (whether plugged in or wireless).

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m struggling with my sat nav — it may be something f I’m doing wrong but bought I’d ask on here in case it’s not just me and someone knows!
The ^ sign seems to work fine when I get in the car but the second I do something else or stop and restart the whole thing just freezes up and I can’t get back onto the sat nav at all.
Keep pressing the nav button both on the side and on the main screen and no response at all?
Any ideas?
Hi There, I am a new member and only just joined, but I have the same problem with my iPace sat nav. It either freezes and is inoperable, or it drops out whilst driving, and cannot be started again , until I stop, rest, and restart the car. Does anyone have a solution for this ??

Thank you

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Hi There, I am a new member and only just joined, but I have the same problem with my iPace sat nav. It either freezes and is inoperable, or it drops out whilst driving, and cannot be started again , until I stop, rest, and restart the car. Does anyone have a solution for this ??

Thank you
Have you tried turning your phone off as suggested above?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello, Thank you for getting back to me.

My iPhone only links to the car on google maps if I plug it in via a hard wire link. It does not work on the maps or music or alexa via Bluetooth link. So if the phone is just in the car, does this affect the cars internal sat nav ?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Hello, Thank you for getting back to me.

My iPhone only links to the car on google maps if I plug it in via a hard wire link. It does not work on the maps or music or alexa via Bluetooth link. So if the phone is just in the car, does this affect the cars internal sat nav ?

Cheers
Obviously from what you say it doesn't link properly but if you haven't deleted your phones paring and re-established it to use wireless (carplay in your case) the car may think it is connected but its not getting data hence freezing. If the car has previously had the phone paired (for phone calls if nothing else) then it is a potential cause.

You can work out if this has anything to do with connectivity with your phone simply by turning your phone off. If you have this problem with the phone turned off then without doubt it is purely a car problem, if the problem only happens with the phone on it is a car/phone comms problem which will not wholly be resolved by action with Pivi.

I had odd behaviour the other day for the first time since the 3.0 update I could not default to using the car Nav, I had to select it from the main menu each time to use it, this is new behaviour as previously my selection of car Nav "stuck" until I next used Waze.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Obviously from what you say it doesn't link properly but if you haven't deleted your phones paring and re-established it to use wireless (carplay in your case) the car may think it is connected but its not getting data hence freezing. If the car has previously had the phone paired (for phone calls if nothing else) then it is a potential cause.

You can work out if this has anything to do with connectivity with your phone simply by turning your phone off. If you have this problem with the phone turned off then without doubt it is purely a car problem, if the problem only happens with the phone on it is a car/phone comms problem which will not wholly be resolved by action with Pivi.

I had odd behaviour the other day for the first time since the 3.0 update I could not default to using the car Nav, I had to select it from the main menu each time to use it, this is new behaviour as previously my selection of car Nav "stuck" until I next used Waze.
Thank you. I will give those actions a try. I have the same problem on default sat nav , so perhaps its my phone. I will give it a try. Thank you again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts