Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MY21

I've noticed that the scheduled pre-condition is now very unreliable - 90%+ of the time it just doesn't do anything.

I used this all the time prior to the summer holidays (up to July 2021) it always used to work fine. Since the children have gone back to school in September it hardly ever works and I have to manually set the climate running via the app.

The car shows the pre-condition schedule and everything looks set up correctly, it just doesn't seem to do anything - at least it doesn't start the climate control/demisting etc like it used to.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

·
Registered
245 Posts
At the end of a journey, do you switch off at the button, or do you just open the drivers door?
I have found that I have to switch off at the button, and then the preconditioning message comes up on the screen confirming my next departure. As long as this indicates "Yes" then preconditioning works every time for me.
However, if I open the door and let the car switch off that way, the message doesn't appear, and preconditioning will not take place.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I always push the start/stop button to turn it off. When you say "the preconditioning message comes up on the screen confirming my next departure", where do you see this? I don't think I've ever seen this.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
dhwilts21 said:
I always push the start/stop button to turn it off. When you say "the preconditioning message comes up on the screen confirming my next departure", where do you see this? I don't think I've ever seen this.
It shows up on central screen when you switch off, providing you have a departure time set. I tend to have mine set about a week in advance to use scheduled charging, so I don't have to keep setting it, and then only reset it as it gets nearer the departure time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK yes I can see this now - I can't remember ever having seen it before though!
So it says the correct "next departure" time - in this case today at 07:35, however at 07:15 this morning the car was doing nothing so once again I've had to start the climate manually via the app.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So looking at what the car is saying it is clear something is not right. All today it has been saying "Next departure Today 13 Oct 7:35" which is clearly nonsense. Any ideas on how I can reset this or get the car to tell the time properly?

·
Registered
182 Posts
OK yes I can see this now - I can't remember ever having seen it before though!
So it says the correct "next departure" time - in this case today at 07:35, however at 07:15 this morning the car was doing nothing so once again I've had to start the climate manually via the app.
You will only get 'Climate' if the car is on charge or been on charge. If it has not been on charge then it is a manual start

1 - 7 of 7 Posts