Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner

Scottish Pre-order

4K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  ****** 
#1 ·
Hi all,

New member here, just signed up. Have preordered a First Edition model and have been given an almost 4 month delay (from beginning of September to 26th December). Was a bit of a disappointment but having driven the car I decided it was worth the wait. I am feeling a little disappointed by the range people are reporting now that the car is in customers' hands but 220 miles is plenty really. My only concern is that the battery guarantee kicks in if it falls below 70% which would mean a range of around 150 miles after several years. Hopefully though the batteries will last as well as the Tesla ones have demonstrated. They seem to be hardly degrading at all even on 6 and 7 year old cars, so fingers crossed Jag have done their homework in that area!

Can't wait for Christmas!

Discussion starter · #7 ·
Hi guys. Hopefully the batteries will last well. It just concerns me a bit that even 10 percent degradation will drop the range below 200 miles. The 220-230 range works well but I would start to suffer from range anxiety quite often if it was below 200. Hopefully I'm worrying about nothing. It would be nice if an OTA update could improve efficiency a bit but you can't buy a car based on "hopefully", so just praying that battery degradation is as good as Tesla. It seems odd to me that you can't tell the ipace to stop charging at a certain percentage, forcing you to leave it charging up to max without a manual intervention. That's more likely to hurt the batteries unless there is something clever going on in the charging system. I would prefer to be able to charge mine to 80% for daily use and just charge to 100% when I need it but unless I'm missing something, the app doesn't seem to give that option. Is that right or have I got it totally wrong?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.