Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found quite by accident this morning, whilst moving my I Pace out of the garage, had the following:

Moved forward out of garage car in D, lifted of throttle selected/pressed R, (no foot brake) and applied throttle car reversed
Thought this strange so I repeated, with the car in D with no throttle applied and no foot brake I could select R apply throttle and move away
Repeated this again with car in R, no throttle applied, no foot brake, selected D, applied throttle and car moved away

So found that I could change between D and R without the foot brake being applied

To move from Park P, always have to apply foot brake, enabling selection of D or R

Is this just a glitch on my car or is it another anomaly, manual states that to select R foot brake must be applied.

Strange

I Pace First Edition, Corris Grey, Oyster, Software 14.2

·
Registered
224 Posts
sciencegeek said:
There must be a speed above which this does not work? Imagine going 50 and hitting R by accident. Heck, maybe it'll just give you max regen at that point with the backup lights on :D
That sounded like a dare 🤣

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good news that I do not have a problem with my car.

Perhaps there is a forum member with car on order who could go to their local dealer and try out dealers demonstrator I Pace and see if there is a speed at which you cannot select Reverse :twisted:

I will not be experimenting on mine :D

·
Registered
248 Posts
I'm pretty sure I noticed something in the manual about this.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Chewy said:
What happens if you press N while moving?
Try it. You will experience how low roll resistance the I-Pace have when the engines are without any power in or out.
No regen is available, but mechanical breaks works as they supposed to. Switching to D again is totally seemless.
I have compared the N in I-Pace to coasting(no regen) in the e-Golf, and the I-Pace rolls to significant higher speed rolling down the same road.
Doing this kills all the rumours that PM-motors cant be "turned off" Try it

·
Registered
8 Posts
Same with me, I like it as it gives seemless transition from going backwards to forwards, but the manual seems to imply it should not behave this way:

Caution
The vehicle must be stationary before making a drive selection. Failure to do so can potentially result in serious damage to the vehicle's driveline system.

Caution
Do not press the accelerator pedal when making a drive selection. Doing so can potentially result in serious damage to the vehicle's driveline system.

R (Reverse) button: Press to drive the vehicle backward
Notes
The vehicle must be stationary with the brake pedal pressed, before R can be selected.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
FENorway said:
Chewy said:
What happens if you press N while moving?
Try it. You will experience how low roll resistance the I-Pace have when the engines are without any power in or out.
No regen is available, but mechanical breaks works as they supposed to. Switching to D again is totally seemless.
I have compared the N in I-Pace to coasting(no regen) in the e-Golf, and the I-Pace rolls to significant higher speed rolling down the same road.
Doing this kills all the rumours that PM-motors cant be "turned off" Try it
Thanks. Will have a go tomorrow. Want to get some coastdown data so this should help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.