Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
This slide from the Solihull reveal event shows servicing costs
The costs show are cumulative (so year 4 shows cost of year 2 service. Year 6 is a bigger service)
Font Projection screen Display device Projector accessory Electronic device
)

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
I guess we wil lsee some variations between regions, but I've got no complaints if the first two services at 2 year intervals are only £191 each.

I've seen posted elsewhere that the mileage interval is 21,000

·
Registered
36 Posts
Don't forget the tires. They wear faster then on a normal car. Because of the enormous torque which is from scratch on available. Which is for me the reason to chose the 20" instead of the 22".

·
Registered
143 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Yes, £500 per service in the UK. It's absolutely ludicrous to top up the washer fluid and renew the wiper blades.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Pacesetter said:
Yes, £500 per service in the UK. It's absolutely ludicrous to top up the washer fluid and renew the wiper blades.
I think by the time of the last service the brake fluid might need replacing but yes, the costs are silly. It is obvious that they are based on ICE Cars and do not reflect the true picture of an EV's servicing costs

·
Registered
81 Posts
You also have to remember that you just don't use your brakes much on an EV. The biggest problem I used to get on my Fisker was a build up of oxidation on the the pads that made a squeal. Used to have to get moly grease applied periodically.

·
Registered
454 Posts
jpbates said:
This slide from the Solihull reveal event shows servicing costs
The costs show are cumulative (so year 4 shows cost of year 2 service. Year 6 is a bigger service)
20180317_142930.jpg)
Very useful, thanks, jpbates. My dealer unable to give this info. He originally told me the £999 package was for 3 services, ie up to just under 8 years, and I was going to go for that. Then told me, no, only 2 services, so declined.

£382 for 2 services (effectively 6 yrs) is pretty good.

And yes, Tesla costs are ridiculous - especially factoring in the 160 mile round trip to my nearest service centre! Tho' unusually, the warranty doesn't require it.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I think a lot of people will be looking for independent servicing solutions unless they get far more sensible about these charges. We have already paid the premium for being early adopters, so we don't need to get stung twice. It looks like they figured that if Tesla can get away with extortionate service charges then they (Jaguar) can jump on the bandwagon.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts