Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
June 2022

After regularly rotating wheels for seasonal and service reasons on my old ICE car I thought it would be the same on the iPace. I’ve been advised though that I should not rotate the wheels as there is a different angle of ‘something’ on the rear iPAce wheels compared to the front turning wheels.

Does anyone know if this is correct and has anyone had experience of this and know the reason why?

Thanks

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have not heard this. In my experience, the I Pace tires wear reasonably evenly except for the front outside edges which wear faster than the rears (at least on my car). As a result, I still rotate.

Reactions: Aurora Blue

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have not heard this. In my experience, the I Pace tires wear reasonably evenly except for the front outside edges which wear faster than the rears (at least on my car). As a result, I still rotate.
Morning Pollo de Muerte

I asked the dealership if they would rotate the wheels as they had so little to do at the service…

·
Registered
189 Posts
I read that the way to rotate the IPace wheels was:
Front right to rear left.
Front left to rear right.
Rear left to front left.
Rear right to ....... you've guessed it...... front right.

The reasoning for this....... I don't have a clue.

Perhaps someone can explain whether this is correct?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rear left to front left.

Hi Phil…

The dealership said I should not rotate the wheels. Do you think this was just a time saving exercise on their behalf?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Rear left to front left.

It is because tyres are designed with a rotation direction (usually denoted by an arrow on the sidewall). So if you moved a tyre from the right to the left while still on the rim, you would be mounting the tyre to rotate backwards. This would compromise grip.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is because tyres are designed with a rotation direction (usually denoted by an arrow on the sidewall). So if you moved a tyre from the right to the left while still on the rim, you would be mounting the tyre to rotate backwards. This would compromise grip.
Thanks ICDP_EV… I’ll look for that on my Good years.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Morning Pollo de Muerte

I asked the dealership if they would rotate the wheels as they had so little to do at the service…
Well, apart for changing oil and filter, it is the same or maybe more service points on an electrical car compared to a fossil car. Fi. all the cooling systems for motors, battery etc...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts