Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the launch I was told that a SIM card would be provided with an adequate capacity for OTA updates and infotainment. Also that this would be prepaid for 2 or 3 years.
Is this still the case?

·
Registered
191 Posts
I heard the same from the sales rep at my dealer. According to discussions in other threads/forums it seems that this is different from country to country.

·
Registered
73 Posts
From the dutch price list:
Remote, inclusief Automatische noodoproep met positiemelding, Optimised Jaguar Assistance bij pech onderweg met positiemelding en doorgeven diagnosegegevens en Remote Essentials App met Remote Lock/Unlock, Beep & Flash, Charging Status Information (laadtoestand accu, laadstatus, laadsnelheid, stekkerstatus, geschatte EV-actieradius), Remote Control Actions (starten/stoppen van opladen, selecteren gunstige laadtarieven, instellen maximale laadtoestand van accu)
Remote omvat een abonnement dat kan worden verlengd na de door uw Jaguar dealer geadviseerde aanloopperiode
Voor Remote is een SIM-kaart met geschikt data-abonnement vereist
It says that for the Remote Optimised Jaguar Assistance and Remote Control a SIM card is required that is not included..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Took delivery of my Black I Pace on Friday - and does come with a sim and 500MG a month you can top up - dealer said 500MG should be enough for the month however I have eaten mine in 3 days / reason I had the hotspot turned on without realising so be careful Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle

Through the app and connected to the WFI you can top up

BTW the car is fantastic renamed the I-Beast :)

Attachments

·
Registered
454 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
For UK:
You effectively have 500mb per month for the warranty period.

ESSENTIAL Data Plan
The ESSENTIAL data plan will enable the customer's connected Navigation Services, Online Media and Wi-Fi Hotspot. The ESSENTIAL data plan will provide 500MB data per month, renewed monthly, for the duration of the vehicle warranty. This will be sufficient to meet most customers' navigation needs. If the customer requires more data they will be able to purchase additional data top ups called EXTENSIONS through their Ubigi account (by using the Ubigi website or the Ubigi app).

·
Registered
179 Posts
funkwhiz said:
Remote omvat een abonnement dat kan worden verlengd na de door uw Jaguar dealer geadviseerde aanloopperiode
It says that for the Remote Optimised Jaguar Assistance and Remote Control a SIM card is required that is not included..
[/quote]

It says only that a SIM card is required, not that it is not included, I think.

·
Registered
179 Posts
funkwhiz said:
From the dutch price list:
Remote, inclusief Automatische noodoproep met positiemelding, Optimised Jaguar Assistance bij pech onderweg met positiemelding en doorgeven diagnosegegevens en Remote Essentials App met Remote Lock/Unlock, Beep & Flash, Charging Status Information (laadtoestand accu, laadstatus, laadsnelheid, stekkerstatus, geschatte EV-actieradius), Remote Control Actions (starten/stoppen van opladen, selecteren gunstige laadtarieven, instellen maximale laadtoestand van accu)
It says only that a SIM card is required, not that it is not included, I think.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Okay, I have asked my dealer. He told me I have to buy a sim card myself. So just bought Youfone sim only 10Gb data/mth for EUR 10,-/month

·
Registered
73 Posts
DrPhil said:
Okay, I have asked my dealer. He told me I have to buy a sim card myself. So just bought Youfone sim only 10Gb data/mth for EUR 10,-/month
Does that allow you to make automatic emergency calls and/or automatic service calls?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I do not know that unfortunately. The card is for data and 100 minutes calls if you mean that.

·
Registered
73 Posts
DrPhil said:
I do not know that unfortunately. The card is for data and 100 minutes calls if you mean that.
As long as it has voice capability (100 minutes) then you are OK. There are data-only cards out there mainly for tablets, which do not include voice. That would imply you wouldn't be able to use (automated) emergency calls.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Best SIM IMHO for this sort of thing is Three's preloaded one:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/data-sim-card- ... 0preloaded
£25 for 12GB/12months or £45 for 24GB/24months. The great thing about these is that it's not 1GB/month, it's 12 (or 24) GB at any time over 12 or 24 months. Much better than X GB/month.
I agree this is one of the best deals going, especially, if like me, you have no idea how much data you will actually need per month.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I went once more to the Paris Motor Show to discuss the SIM card matter with JLR and learnt that the IPACE navigation system is not able to provide
real-time infos on the charging networks status (like Tesla does ).
The recommanded way to do navigation planning is therefore using your phone to launch a charger navigation app , select your route, and in second step to launch Waze or Google Maps with CarPlay or Android Auto inside the car. These operations does not require a second car SIM card.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Do realize that there is no such things as a "Jaguar Charging network" - like Tesla has it's own Supercharging network - installed and managed by Tesla. You have to deal with a large number of independent providers, some are linked, others are not. It differences from country to country, region to region. Most offer one or two chargers per location. So, you have to be lucky up to some point when arriving - it might be occupied. On a European level most relevant is the Ionity charge network - it's supposed to become as wide spread as Tesla's supercharger. A minimum of 6 chargers per location - 100+kW. Currently at 12 locations - another 20 are under construction. Tesla has 4000+ chargers at 423 locations currently. Hopefully one day real time information about these chargers becomes available in the car and integrated with the navigation.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Anyway even if u can see it's free or not, their could be someone using it just before u arrive. Only safe way will be a reservation system but then u have to be their at the right time and use it only for the time u reserved it wich could be limited. Will still tricky untill EV doesn't charge 8n around 15mn. almost like ice cars.
Our luck for now is that their aren't many EV with long range except Tesla.

·
Registered
69 Posts
"Will still tricky untill EV doesn't charge 8n around 15mn. almost like ice cars."
Or as an alternative, provide many chargers per locations (Tesla has locations with up to 50 chargers) and a large number of charge locations. Currently The Netherlands has 16 Tesla locations, 11 more to follow. Basic idea nevertheless has always been that Superchargers are only used for long roadtrips and daily regular charging is done at home overnight, at work etc. during day-time. Most cars do not move for 22 hours during a day... plenty of time to charge your car.

·
Registered
73 Posts
funkwhiz said:
DrPhil said:
As long as it has voice capability (100 minutes) then you are OK. There are data-only cards out there mainly for tablets, which do not include voice. That would imply you wouldn't be able to use (automated) emergency calls.
To correct myself: a data only card is required: Jaguar InControl

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
funkwhiz said:
funkwhiz said:
DrPhil said:
To correct myself: a data only card is required: Jaguar InControl
To be more precise a data card without a pin code , because the IPACE cannot read it

·
Registered
238 Posts
From the iPace owner's manual in the InControl Overview section, right on top:

"Several InControl® features require an internet connection. A data-enabled micro SIM is pre-installed to the vehicle. If a data-enabled micro SIM card has not been supplied, please contact a retailer/authorized repairer."

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.