Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
According to the configurator the rear seat on I-Pace splits 60:40, so there's no 'ski hatch' in the centre, like there would be if it split 40:20:40

. . but if you fold down the '60' side of the rear seat you would be able to get larger items through into the cabin. Hope that helps :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I agree - no ski hatch is a HUGE disadvantage for two reasons:

1. It is usually used when driving long distances for the winter vacation, meaning that you will need to have the skiis on the roof which will decrease range between charging. Or using the tow bar ski holder which is ugly as hell and a shitload of dirt will fly up on the skiis and the ski bags.
2. Using the 60% for two kids when driving for a whole day????? I need my kids on each sides of the car, with a wall of skiis between them to keep the peace.

This is a real design flaw... up to the point where I am almost willing to pay like $1500 to have a bespoke solution retrofitted if possible.

Why did Jaguar NOT add the ski hatch option is beyond me? What gains did they get som not doiong this?

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
NorthByNorthWest said:
I agree - no ski hatch is a HUGE disadvantage for two reasons:

1. It is usually used when driving long distances for the winter vacation, meaning that you will need to have the skiis on the roof which will decrease range between charging. Or using the tow bar ski holder which is ugly as hell and a shitload of dirt will fly up on the skiis and the ski bags.
2. Using the 60% for two kids when driving for a whole day????? I need my kids on each sides of the car, with a wall of skiis between them to keep the peace.

This is a real design flaw... up to the point where I am almost willing to pay like $1500 to have a bespoke solution retrofitted if possible.

Why did Jaguar NOT add the ski hatch option is beyond me? What gains did they get som not doiong this?
Fully agree and upcoming wintersport my wife and I are renting ski's instead of bringing our own. The 60% is too narrow for my 2 boys certainly as they still require booster seats. We take our ski boots and poles but no our skis.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Challenge: Who dares to drill a hole behind the arm rest in the middle back seat? As long as your arm rest is in upwards position, you don't see the extra hole anyway.... :eek:

By the way, all my previous cars were equipped with a ski hatch as a default... Even the good old times that I drove a Seat Ibiza, Ford Focus, Renault Megan, VW Passat. Folding down 40% just to fit a couple of kayak paddles is horrible... So there will be some foldable kayak paddles on my wish list for Christmas... :lol:

·
Registered
233 Posts
IPNL said:
But if you put the teenagers in the box on the roof, where do you put the mother in law?
If she is not too tall what about the frunk (or frooth)?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.